View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 09:41 PM

oldskewel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw540san View Post
PO had front driver side replaced by dealer, I did the right front using OEM as well. Now the rear driver side just failed and I don't feel like spending $100+ unless necessary.
It seems that most aftermarket solutions are even worse than OEM but I didn't find any reviews for Febi Bilstein. $46 at rmeuropean:
BMW FEBI BILSTEIN Outside Door Handle Carrier 51228243635
I'm thinking of trying it unless somebody had bad experience with it.
Thanks in advance.
I used the Febi from RMEuropean on both sides for the rear doors a few months ago. Out of the box, they both seemed a lot less smoothly functioning than I expected. But considering the hassle of return vs. installing with warranty, I installed.

And they're just fine. Any lack of smoothness is not noticeable at all once they're installed. And the year before, I had put Febi's in the fronts as well. Happy with all 4.

They appear to be just as well made as the originals. BTW, I think only one side had failed, but I replaced both and am glad I did. Things are very fast once I've got all the tools out and have the little tricks fresh in my mind. And buying both sides was enough to get me the free shipping.

Sponsored Links