View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 02:37 PM

Retro X5 is on a distinguished road
Retrofit LCI seat and the challenges...

My first post on the forum so I'm hoping someone can help. My appologies if this has already been discussed.

I have a 2007 E70 that has standard leather seats. I managed to source a mint set of electric memory Sport seats, probably from a LCI car.

The passenger seat is completely plug and plug so that's easy - I've tested it and it in the car and it works fine with no errors.

The new drivers seat is a different matter as it has the memory module underneath (my existing seat had no module) .

Here's the issue: when I started to fit the seat to the car, I noticed the smaller of the two yellow connectors is different to the existing one. Moreover, the new seats have 4 wires entering into this connection block and my car just has two....much googling and I don't know how to manage this part of the installation.

Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions or experience in overcoming this situation? Worst case scenario I could rewire the safety systems of the new seats to the same configuration as my existing items, however I'm sure someone must have faced this previously and can advise.

Existing seat and connection:

New LCI seat that I'm intending on fitting:

Connections:

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Retro X5; 04-09-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Sponsored Links