View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 05:20 PM

RFaber is on a distinguished road
Cat issues , any thoughts??

Hello crew! Well, I have been chasing down, what my wife was certain was , a heat shield rattle in my rear header (I have the m54b30 3 litre engine)
I couldn’t find anything that would rattle while I was underneath, no steering lines, no pebble stuck on a muffler, no nothing!!!
Last night I pulled the top o2 sensor and saw that the top of the cat was nearly covered ( maybe 80% covered) with this white hard crust! I attached the camera to a pic, and tried to pick away at it, but it was pretty solid!!
I’m figuring the cats are toast (after 350,000km!!!)
Probably going to get an aftermarket set odd eBay or so!!
Is my predicament normal?? Any other ‘high milers’ have to replace the headers??
My fuel mileage is consistent around 12-12.5 litres per 100km
I’ll attach photos once I resize them
2003 X5 3.0i (02/2003) sport package, Sapphire black metallic / Black Dakota Sport seats. compass mirror retrofit, trailer hitch retrofit, Prodigy P2 trailer brake controller installed, PDC retrofit, Lumbar support retrofit. heated rear seats retrofitted. Running boards retrofitted and subwoofer install in progress. 4.8is Brakes installed front and back. Bluetooth TCU installed, Rear Fog lights installed. Retrofitted reclining rear seat backs.

Sponsored Links