View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 01:45 PM

RFaber is on a distinguished road
No codes, I had a misfire code last summer, while hauling my trailer up a pretty good size mountain pass. Changed plugs and all the ignition coils. It’s been good since! O2 sensors seem to be outputting proper values, I use mid grade - 89 or premium -91
The rattle is at startup, and while idling, I don’t hear it during highway driving,
I’ve gone underneath and it’s coming from the rear cat just before the pipe bends to travel to the rear. It’s not a heat Shield, I’m suspecting the packing material around the cat has shifted and allowing the rattle, the cats looked plugged. So I’m changing both! And I may do my valve stem seals, and possibly the head gasket depending how the exhaust bolts come out!!!
2003 X5 3.0i (02/2003) sport package, Sapphire black metallic / Black Dakota Sport seats. compass mirror retrofit, trailer hitch retrofit, Prodigy P2 trailer brake controller installed, PDC retrofit, Lumbar support retrofit. heated rear seats retrofitted. Running boards retrofitted and subwoofer install in progress. 4.8is Brakes installed front and back. Bluetooth TCU installed, Rear Fog lights installed. Retrofitted reclining rear seat backs.

Last edited by RFaber; 10-02-2019 at 02:12 PM.

Sponsored Links