View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 10:04 AM

ssandison is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothbrush View Post
I'm no expert, but this one error may be related:

A559/not present - Instrument cluster: Supply was switched off (terminal 30g_f)

Any issues with the battery? I'll insert the usual questions here:
  1. How old is the battery?
  2. Do you know if it's been registered to your vehicle?
  3. Any cranking issues (especially with the cold weather)?
  4. Any weird electronic behavior that you might have seen for a moment but then disappeared? (e.g. radio misbehaving, clock resetting)
Just a WAG, but my thoughts are the roof is leaking because it didn't close properly and is binding somewhere, which is why is won't open again. Possibly due to dirt/debris or something simple. I wouldn't go so far as replacing the glass till this possibility is ruled out. Your original post seems to infer the leak has caused the issue with the sunroof not working, but I'm thinking it's the exact opposite. I.e. fix the roof open/close and no more leak...

Please take everything I say with a giant grain of salt though. Thankfully, there are much more experienced and smarter forum members around, who may have better ideas.

Lastly, have you tried resetting the codes, taking it for a decent length drive and then seeing what codes are still active?
I think the battery is two years old now. It has been registered to the car. I did it myself with the foxwell. I did have weird errors in the past before putting in the current battery.

The car has been rarely used for a little while so it does make sense that the battery could be playing up. The issue with the SOS failure happened last Sunday after taking the car out for a 20 min drive to Ikea. When I got back in to drive home the error came on. The car before this wasn't driven since December and before that could have been a few months too. It seemed to start reasonably well.

The SOS error was what caused me to find the the leak in the first place. I took a look in the boot to have a look at the TCU module and noticed the foam padding near it was wet and then I noticed there was a water around the speaker on the pillar above. I pulled down part of the headlining and then saw all the water around the sunroof.

I vented/tilted the sunroof and closed it again so that perhaps has done something to improve the leak. I left the cover open last night and its no longer full of condensation/water drops there too.

I wonder whether a new battery or charging the current one would fix it? I mean the SOS error. I guess the sunroof is actually jammed.

Sponsored Links