View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 08:52 PM

Donnyohs is on a distinguished road
Oil pan gasket question

As everyone knows, the oil pan gasket diy is a pain to do, since the subframe need to be dropped and so on, after 180k miles on my 13 X5 35i, that gasket is no longer seeping and I have a drop. Local places around the Chicago area are telling me it's about a 1700 dollar job, after taxes with an oil change and alignment. I know the dealers want 3k before the alignment and an oil change. But my question is, what really needs to be removed because I was thinking about changing out my tie rods and control arms in the next few months, but if I'm gonna pay someone to work on my car, which I hate the idea of, I wanted to ask if they would replace those components they remove with new ones, but I don't want to kinda just ask about things that wont get removed. So any input would be appreciated and anyone else in the Chicago area get it done from a shop that they trust and was done for cheaper? Two places I've looked at, the owners and a lot of the master techs used to be bmw master techs, so I know they would do it properly.

Sponsored Links