View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 01:40 PM

Robert330i is on a distinguished road
Bluetooth retrofit (Visteon) and Treo 700p

I have been searching and it appears that at some people are having trouble (as I am) getting the (Verizon) Treo 700p bluetooth connection to work. Here's what I have:
2004 330i with retrofit bluetooth kit using a relatively recent Vistron ULF module (84 21 6 955 522) with the standard radio head unit (not Nav). I would consider upgrading the newest Visteon module if someone demonstrated that it would work. It seems some people with newer BMW's get the Treo 700p to work but they would probably have the Motorola TCU (bluetooth and BMW Assist) versus the Visteon TCU (bluetooth only). Any advice from someone who has gotten their Treo 700p to work with a Visteon retrofit bluetooth kit would be greatly appreciated.

I pair the 700p with the BMW and the Treo thinks the BMW is a headset (the bluetooth icon changes to a headset). No "Favorites" phone numbers are transferred from the Treo to the car. I can dial through the TCU via voice commands ("Dial number", etc) and the phone dials, but no sound comes out through the BMW system, either the sound is muted or it drops the connection after dialing.

Sometimes trying to activate the phone via the steering wheel buttons sends the radio in never-never land with the headunit displaying "Phone" and refusing to switch back to the radio, CD or any input. Shutting off the radio for a period of time seems to fix it.

I have only phone numbers in my "favorites" list on the Treo (i.e. no commas etc, which causes problems with the Treo 650).

Anyone managed to get the Treo 700p to work with any Visteon module? I would be willing to sell this one and buy the latest generation if anyone has had success...

Searching the forums gives a range of answers, it seems that the Treo 650 would work pretty well and I was hoping that the 700p would work as well, but that appears to have been wishful thinking.

Any links, help ideas, etc would be appreciated.

Arghh! This stuff shouldn't be so difficult.

Sponsored Links