View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 02:47 PM

Muz is on a distinguished road
Well I put my X into my stealer, (Harry Fairbairns) in Glasgow for the u/g last Thursday, and I insisted the receptionist knew what service bulletin I was referring to before I dropped the phone, so that I knew the job was going to get done rather than them make some excuse and send it back without it being done, as it was also in for an oil service and brake fluid service too. Anyway I left the two bulletins on the passenger seat that I got off the forum here, just incase the numb nuts engineers didnt know what I was on about . The receptionist assured me I was being paranoid, and that all their techs are fully qualified blah .. blah ... and I was unimpressed, but said ok I'll leave it with you

Guess what, I got phoned on Thursday to say 'hey' your car is ready , so I asked if the transmission upgrade was done ok and the service dude said 'what upgrade ?' .....Grr .. he came back after 3 minutes and said they could not do it because their was a problem with Germany's IT systems and no updates could presently be completed , so like the good natured car owner I am, I left it till next day, then I got a call saying that the car told them it needed a new 'ecu' so I said ok, and assumed it was dealer speak for ' uuhh we dont have the reprogramming computer its out on loan'

Saturday morning came and they phoned to say that they fitted the new ecu, but now the car said there was a problem with the ipod unit during the upgrade, as it expected to see a CD unit fitted instead and the upgrade would not complete ........

Today (Monday) I have got it back, and I have to say its a really big improvement No more excessive down shifts , or holding ratios for too long .. its not perfect, but boy is it better no more sudden jolts or jerks.

Good job to this forum and the OP

Cheers

Sponsored Links