ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Hi Tom,

Quote:
Originally Posted by psoma View Post
Hey guys,

Bought a YIB000110 for my E39 off ebay the other week,
Oh dear...

Quote:
unfrotunately, the unit seems useless to me as it only provides nav functionality and no trip computer/TV/phone features. Upon closer inspection, it seems to be loading the software out of the LROC01O folders on the software upgrade CD rather than LROC02O which I believe include the full function menus (with the full splash screen etc.).
Rover units will work, but are cut down versions of the bmw unit.

Quote:
Is there any was I can "fool" my Mk3 into loading the software out of LROC01O or alternatively, copying the LROC02O files into LROC01O and get it loading the correct software (for me anyhow) that way...
Not as far as I know, no, buy a proper bmw unit mate, the rover unit is a 3rd of the price for a reason.

Quote:
or are there different versions of the MK3 that just will not run the more advanced features?

Thanks heaps,

Tom
There are several versions of the mk3, its a generic Phillips navigation unit, that has custom software depending on who uses it, I've seen the "mk3" in the Renault, Peugeot, Rover, BMW and Vauxhall.

The only ones I've seen that take a custom recode via cd are the BMW and Vauxhall, all the rest are fixed.

Buy a bmw mk3 or better still a mk4.

Welcome to the forums BTW.

Sponsored Links