Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Navigation System
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1
psoma is on a distinguished road
LRO MK3 Nav - piece of junk?

Hey guys,

Bought a YIB000110 for my E39 off ebay the other week, unfrotunately, the unit seems useless to me as it only provides nav functionality and no trip computer/TV/phone features. Upon closer inspection, it seems to be loading the software out of the LROC01O folders on the software upgrade CD rather than LROC02O which I believe include the full function menus (with the full splash screen etc.). Is there any was I can "fool" my Mk3 into loading the software out of LROC01O or alternatively, copying the LROC02O files into LROC01O and get it loading the correct software (for me anyhow) that way... or are there different versions of the MK3 that just will not run the more advanced features?

Thanks heaps,

Tom
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 03-31-2010, 03:12 AM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,930
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Hi Tom,

Quote:
Originally Posted by psoma View Post
Hey guys,

Bought a YIB000110 for my E39 off ebay the other week,
Oh dear...

Quote:
unfrotunately, the unit seems useless to me as it only provides nav functionality and no trip computer/TV/phone features. Upon closer inspection, it seems to be loading the software out of the LROC01O folders on the software upgrade CD rather than LROC02O which I believe include the full function menus (with the full splash screen etc.).
Rover units will work, but are cut down versions of the bmw unit.

Quote:
Is there any was I can "fool" my Mk3 into loading the software out of LROC01O or alternatively, copying the LROC02O files into LROC01O and get it loading the correct software (for me anyhow) that way...
Not as far as I know, no, buy a proper bmw unit mate, the rover unit is a 3rd of the price for a reason.

Quote:
or are there different versions of the MK3 that just will not run the more advanced features?

Thanks heaps,

Tom
There are several versions of the mk3, its a generic Phillips navigation unit, that has custom software depending on who uses it, I've seen the "mk3" in the Renault, Peugeot, Rover, BMW and Vauxhall.

The only ones I've seen that take a custom recode via cd are the BMW and Vauxhall, all the rest are fixed.

Buy a bmw mk3 or better still a mk4.

Welcome to the forums BTW.
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.