View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:20 AM

nd200 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COrth View Post
The deal I am getting is about $1500 above invoice, and paying a $200 training fee, but no MACO. It will be a leased vehicle at the buy rate minus the owner loyalty credit. No markup on the MF or acquisition fee. I might have done better, but I feel that the price is about the best I could do with out sinking a lot more time into negotiations. There comes a point where my time is valuable too.

I tried to negotiate with a few dealers out of the area including one that is known for performance center deliveries. The guy known for PCD wasn't willing to negotiate at all. It was an embarrassment for him and for the people who recommended him.
Thank you.
Congratulations on the X5. If you like cars that handle well then the X5 will impress you. I have the multi-contour seats and they are the best seats I have had in any car. When negotiating a deal it is best to keep emotion out of it. People get too worked up over the dealer trying get max dollars out of them. Dealers are a business and there to make as much money as possible and not there to be your pal and give you a good deal. However, dishonesty, tricks, giving you the run-around or dealers "getting testy" with you should not be tolerated! The first dealer I went to for my X5 refused to budge off MSRP. That was ok with me ... it's their production slot. I politely thanked them for their time and walked out. I then called up a second dealer in the area and offered them the same deal and what I thought was fair ($1500 total over invoice including $400 for MACO and $200 for training). They immediately accepted and that was that. The whole negotiating process took an hour. Though I spent many many hours before hand doing research so I could make an informed decision. I may have been able to get $1200 over invoice but I don't sweat the last few hundred. Don't worry about whether someone got a better deal than you ... just enjoy the car

Sponsored Links