View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM

younghno50 is on a distinguished road
Performance Center Delivery denied me

So I recently put a deposit and order on a new 2013 x5 SAV and submitted the requested dates I was available to go. I got a call from the dealer today and they got the response and goes something like this:

Thank you for inquiring about the performance center delivery. due to high demand for PCD and your production progress on your new car, we are unavailable to offer your date. Instead you can come Saturday may 25 and do the delivery then"

At first I was like "well that sucks. Its a holiday weekend i already have plans for so then I guess I can't go'. Then it occurred to me that I am about to spend north of $60k to buy a car from BMW and the least they can do is find a way to accomodate better than what they responded with. I thought I gave PLENTY OF NOTICE (5 weeks) to do delivery and they refuse to do my delivery because my car will be done too soon? I then responded to the sales advisor that hey, i'm ready to walk away from this deal and lose $1000 of my money to prove a point. If you (sales adivisor) want to 1. close the deal 2. get all 5's on your report card after we're done 3. get more business from me, it's better you do what ever means necessary to get me my delivery date.

So now he has 2 days to get back to me. Would any of you agree on my arguement? Does the dealer have any leverage on making this happen? what are my chances the dealer will find a way to accomodate? Should I contact BMWNA and send an email if I don't get what I want from the deal?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links