View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 PM

PersonaNonGrata is on a distinguished road
Are dictators better?

I can't help but question whether the removal of dictators like Saddam, Mubarak, and Gadafi were good things when you see that chaos that ensues. I'm reacting to the attacks on American embassies in Egypt and Libya. That crap would never have happened when there was a dictator in power who would crush such protests. Sure, there were gross abuses of citizens and interests adverse to America but it pisses me off.

These protesters are protesting an obscure movie made by an Israeli activists living in the US, that virtually nobody has seen nor cares about but because a clip made it to YouTube and because it disparages the prophet Mohammed, these nut jobs are attacking the US and killing US diplomatic staff. Isn't it ironic that the US supported the removal of these dictators and supports the kind of freedom that allows such protests, which the masses are clearly enjoying, yet they kill over the exercise of that same freedom by a inciteful "film maker" with an agenda.

I know it is not all Islamic activists and painting them all with the same extremist brush is not fair but something has to be done to respond to this kind of attack.

Sponsored Links