View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 AM

Toneaero is on a distinguished road
White LED Angel Eyes Install w/Pics and Review (yes another one)

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated nor am I paid by MTEC to write this.

After seeing a bunch of newer X5s pass by during my daily morning commute, I was quite envious that their angel eyes were white in color while my 2010 was a boring yellow color.

So after some extensive research between different brands, I have narrowed it down to Lux vs MTEC. Both are similar in price so it made it very tough. The deciding factor was the color of the LED. Marc from Lux posted a non-biased review on these two manufacturers on a different forum and noted that MTEC was 500 kelvin cooler than the Lux. I wanted a slightly bluer look so that's why I decided to go with the MTECs. Probably can't go wrong with either so its a personal preference in color.

I do believe that bulbs should be rated in Lumens and not just wattage. MTECH rated theirs at 909 lumens while a lot of other knock offs you find on ebay that advertise "20 Watt Crees" are actually measuring a lot lower lumens.

Install pics:

MTEC Box

Inside Box

Side-by-side comparison between stock H8 halogen and the new LED bulb

Stock Angel Eyes before the install

Very simple plug-n-play setup. No permanent changes and takes 7 mins tops to do. The ballast and all the wires tucks inside original housing.

Picture showing how the outer angel eyes gets lit up from just one bulb.

Side-by-side comparison between stock and MTEC bulbs. Drastic change!

Still visible during daylight

I'm very happy with this setup

Like I mentioned before, Im not affiliated or sponsored by MTEC. I'm just very happy on how white and bright they turned out. Best mod I've done yet for relatively low amount of money.

Thanks for reading!

Sponsored Links