Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   Bluetooth (https://xoutpost.com/electronics/bluetooth/)
-   -   What am I doing wrong with the Treo 650 (https://xoutpost.com/electronics/bluetooth/13157-what-am-i-doing-wrong-treo-650-a.html)

Quicksilver 03-26-2006 12:34 AM

What am I doing wrong with the Treo 650
 
Phone is brand new, Latest update, so I go to the X turn on Bluetooth it see's the X displays the last 4 numbers of the vin just like it should, I put in the Pk: number and it won't accept it. i don't get it. What am I missing?

These are the instructions I followed.
http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/all-...tooth-ulf.html

Yes the phone sees the X and yes it acknowledges it and finally ask's for the pass key (you know the PK: XXXX number) but no soap. I've tried every combination of that number Capitals, no capitals, with the semicolen without out it. With a space without a space. Mind you; I had another phone for a couple of days and it paired up using the same method with that same passkey with no trouble.

statdoc 03-26-2006 12:50 AM

It should just be the 4 numbers, no other digits or spaces. Does it not pair at all? After the acknowledgement of pairing, you have to turn the car off for 30 seconds, then crank up again. You aren't getting that far?

Quicksilver 03-26-2006 01:01 AM

Yep the X appears on the 650's screen. Then the 650 ask for the Pass key I enter it 4 numbers. it's rejected. I just came back in the house and while I was in the X i noticed one thing that dosn't look right. The telephone screen on the X says please wait. In fact it's been saying that for more than an hour so maybe thats the problem. Is there is some way to reset it?

statdoc 03-26-2006 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
The telephone screen on the X says please wait. In fact it's been saying that for more than an hour so maybe thats the problem. Is there is some way to reset it?

I don't have the nav system, so I can't help you on that question. Sorry...

dwathen 03-26-2006 01:33 AM

The 650 works horrible with bluetooth in the x5...It sometimes take over an hour to pair the phone..i just quit using the blootooth in the car...I think its a problem on the 650 side..I have a razor phone as well and it pairs quickily and perfectly..

Ed Garces 03-26-2006 02:21 AM

My locked Cingular Treo with the latest updates (1.17) pairs flawlessly (within 3 seconds) with my 2005 X5. However, two days ago, just came back from a 10 day trip in the Philippines (where I used the Treo a few times on a different network) and all of a sudden my Treo beeps and gives me a message that it's trying to connect (with the X5 BT) This would go on and off and each time failing to complete the pairing.

Here's how I fixed mine - on your Treo, remove the X5 in your Trusted Device list. Make sure your Treo is "discoverable" and Dial-Up Networking should "off". Start your X5, press the "Tel" (might be different if you have Nav. system, I don't). When the "Activate Phone" comes up, press "Set up Devices" in your Treo and follow the prompts from there which would include entering your 4 digit passkey.

I remember having this same problem once previously when I came back from a trip in Canada and again used the Treo on a non-Cingular network.

Basically I think to correct the problem, you need to pair the Treo 650 again as a new device. Hope this works.

(Also try a soft reset in your Treo, this might just fix the problem. Just noticed that you have a brand-new Treo and pairing for the first time.)

Quicksilver 03-26-2006 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Garces
My locked Cingular Treo with the latest updates (1.17) pairs flawlessly (within 3 seconds) with my 2005 X5. However, two days ago, just came back from a 10 day trip in the Philippines (where I used the Treo a few times on a different network) and all of a sudden my Treo beeps and gives me a message that it's trying to connect (with the X5 BT) This would go on and off and each time failing to complete the pairing.

Here's how I fixed mine - on your Treo, remove the X5 in your Trusted Device list. Make sure your Treo is "discoverable" Start your X5, press the the "Tel" (might be different if you have Nav. system, I don't). When the "Activate Phone" comes up, press "Set up Devices" in your Treo and follow the prompts from there.

I remember having this same problem once previously when I came back from a trip in Canada and again used the Treo on a non-Cingular network.

Basically I think to correct the problem, you need to pair the Treo 650 again as a new device. Hope this works.

(Also try a soft reset in your Treo, this might just fix the problem. Just noticed that you have a brand-new Treo and pairing for the first time.)

There are no trusted devices. The X shows up in the "all known devices page. I believe you need pass key acceptance before you can be installed as a trusted device. I believe the issue may be the X. Earlier I mentioned that if you go to the telephone screen I get the words "please wait" Wait for what? After 2 hours whatever i'm suppose to be waiting for hasn't happend.

Ed Garces 03-26-2006 04:40 AM

Just noticed that your Treo is brand-new; so ignore the"Trusted Device" step.

I remember when I paired my Treo and X5 for the first time, the instructions from BMW and X5World didn't work for me either. So I followed the instructions in pairing a BT Headset (Sony HBH660) with the Treo.

Similarly, if you see "Activate Phone" in your X5 Nav. screen or in my case the OnBoard screen, it's at this point that you press the "Set Up Device" in your Treo and two steps later (I think) the Treo will ask for your 4-digit passcode.

Good luck.

Quicksilver 03-26-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Garces
Just noticed that your Treo is brand-new; so ignore the"Trusted Device" step.

I remember when I paired my Treo and X5 for the first time, the instructions from BMW and X5World didn't work for me either. So I followed the instructions in pairing a BT Headset (Sony HBH660) with the Treo.

Similarly, if you see "Activate Phone" in your X5 Nav. screen or in my case the OnBoard screen, it's at this point that you press the "Set Up Device" in your Treo and two steps later (I think) the Treo will ask for your 4-digit passcode.

Good luck.

None of that "if you see "Activate Phone" in your X5 Nav"
stuff ever happend. The Treo discovered the X it just had a problem accepting the pass key. So I just went out a few minutes ago and low and behold it decided to cooperate and it accepted the pass key. Now I can dial favorites from the phone but not from the X. I can see the names in the speed dial phone book and i can even go up and down the list with the steering wheel controls but I cant dial from the steering wheel. All i get when I choose and push the Navi knob is the name of the person followed by a question mark. Looks like this (?). So on to the next step.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.