Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW Related Forums > Detailing Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 931
the head is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyX5go
Leave him alone - he suffers from IKC
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.Iowa Keyboard Courage.

I guess they don't teach manners and common courtesy out there. So rude for one so young.

Not really I give anyone shit for Wal-Marting or Amazoning a small business to death i do it in person too. I support small business because without it everything would be cheap and made in china...sometimes I have to pay a bit more but hey to me it is worth it to support a person trying to get a business off the ground...as for not being a paying member what is the point you people do little to none of your own maintianance so the tech forum is marginal 90% of the modifications are new fog light bulbs and angel eyes which are also the two most common modifications on every high school kid's honda civic, your off topic is fun at times but that is about it...and I read the detailing forum for the step by step stuff because I was a detailer for a while...which reminds me Phil have you ever thought of selling extractors? not the huge ones but like the 2 gal heated units? Anyway i dont see the reasoning to pay for an off topic forum especially since Greg is going to get fed up with me eventually anyway and put me in Time out if I donate money or not.
__________________
Annoying people is easier than fishing with dynamite
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #22  
Old 08-03-2007, 10:11 AM
SuperGreg's Avatar
Admin./SuperHero
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Good Ol' USA
Posts: 7,800
SuperGreg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the head
Not really I give anyone shit for Wal-Marting or Amazoning a small business to death i do it in person too. I support small business because without it everything would be cheap and made in china...sometimes I have to pay a bit more but hey to me it is worth it to support a person trying to get a business off the ground...as for not being a paying member what is the point you people do little to none of your own maintianance so the tech forum is marginal 90% of the modifications are new fog light bulbs and angel eyes which are also the two most common modifications on every high school kid's honda civic, your off topic is fun at times but that is about it...and I read the detailing forum for the step by step stuff because I was a detailer for a while...which reminds me Phil have you ever thought of selling extractors? not the huge ones but like the 2 gal heated units? Anyway i dont see the reasoning to pay for an off topic forum especially since Greg is going to get fed up with me eventually anyway and put me in Time out if I donate money or not.
It's your condascending attitude towards long standing and respected members that gets you into trouble. Remember our exchange that resulted from your very first post? You obviously have not fully explored our home page, because there are tons of DIY articles, and the information there is second to none on the entire internet for X5's.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 AM
broknlgs24's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,027
broknlgs24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the head
......the tech forum is marginal 90% of the modifications are new fog light bulbs and angel eyes which are also the two most common modifications on every high school kid's honda civic, your off topic is fun at times but that is about it...and I read the detailing forum for the step by step stuff because I was a detailer for a while...
if our forums are lacking, isn't there some other message board u could join?
i'm sure there are tons out there that have detailing forums. if u were once a detailer,
i'm guessing that u already know the step-by-step processes involved in detailing
a vehicle; so, y bother? happy trails......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-03-2007, 11:14 AM
broknlgs24's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,027
broknlgs24 is on a distinguished road
sorry for going off topic. back to the topic at hand. best of luck w/ ur group buy.

fortunately for me, i have a Porter Cable already.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: mn
Posts: 85
myinfernalbmw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by asawadude
Support OUR sponsors? You're not even a paying member of this member of this website, dick weed.
I'm not a paying member, am i not good enough for this site either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
myinfernalbmw, PM me for the Metabo deal. I should have a couple in stock.
will do Phil
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
haigha's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Machine
Posts: 1,236
haigha is on a distinguished road
I already got one, it's very nice .

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-03-2007, 07:38 PM
PersonaNonGrata's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,749
PersonaNonGrata is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by myinfernalbmw
I'm not a paying member, am i not good enough for this site either?
But you haven't posted as rudely as he did. We don't require anyone to pay to enjoy the site. It's up to the individual but one should not start throwing stones about supporting the site without themselves supporting it.

BTW, enjoy your Metabo. I got a P-C kit from Phil. The Metabo design does look more comfortable but the P-C will be just fine for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: mn
Posts: 85
myinfernalbmw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaNonGrata
But you haven't posted as rudely as he did. We don't require anyone to pay to enjoy the site. It's up to the individual but one should not start throwing stones about supporting the site without themselves supporting it.

BTW, enjoy your Metabo. I got a P-C kit from Phil. The Metabo design does look more comfortable but the P-C will be just fine for me.
No i understand that but i "support" the vendors and this site without being a paying member in my opinion. I buy from Phil, so if i had said "why don't you just support the vendors?" would i have been out of place? I buy from the vendors and try to add my input to conversations, sometimes helpful other times satirical, in hopes to better the site as a whole. I just don't like that he puts himself up on a pedestal because he is a paying member. I'm not trying to start an arguement, just trying to get my point across.

And i will enjoy my metabo when i do get around to ordering it, and i also enjoy my PC. However i don't have the patience to work over an entire car with a DA. I have been using rotaries for years now and i only use my PC for finish polishing on black cars and for applying some waxes. However for the enthusiast i would definately recommend the PC because it is nearly impossible to burn the paint(i've tried). To everyone that is getting one enjoy them and you'll get the hang of it with a little practice.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 PM
asawadude's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The other side of town
Posts: 3,792
asawadude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by myinfernalbmw
I'm not a paying member, am i not good enough for this site either?
You missed my point specific to The Head's comments I quoted which was "quit sucking go buy a buffer at wal mart or support our sponsors either way stfu".

This forum is supported by both vendors and members. We had non-paying member insult one of our most respected Premier (e.g. paying) members who has supplied more BMW information than anyone else on this board. He probably doesn't need my help, but I'm going to stick for LemansX5 because I value his friendship and knowledge.

Does that help clarify the situation?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-04-2007, 04:09 AM
PersonaNonGrata's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,749
PersonaNonGrata is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by myinfernalbmw
No i understand that but i "support" the vendors and this site without being a paying member in my opinion. I buy from Phil, so if i had said "why don't you just support the vendors?" would i have been out of place?
No, I don't think so. I think many of us have posted just that when it comes to buying BMW parts, tires, or Phil's stuff. By no means am I trying to guilt you into Premier Membership. That's up to the individual. I think that the idea behind this entire site is premised upon no heavy handed admin and moderator action... unless warranted, and our standards are pretty reasonable, I think.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.