Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW Related Forums > Group Buys
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 04-14-2006, 02:16 AM
FULANITO's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: QUEENS, N.Y.
Posts: 448
FULANITO is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanX5
Did you do something with your orange side marker lights, b/c they don't look stock orange in your photos... (?) they look great!

Just got my AiB's yesterday, so I'll try to install tonight
Thanks, it's the Euro clears with a Solaris Invisibulb in super white illumination from bimmian!!!

Please Choose The Type / Illumination Color For Your Bulbs.



Rear Bulbs: Qty: 2








All my turn signals are white (rear,front, and sidemarkers)!!!
__________________

Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #132  
Old 04-14-2006, 11:48 AM
DinanX5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 762
DinanX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FULANITO
Thanks, it's the Euro clears with a Solaris Invisibulb in super white illumination from bimmian!!!
All my turn signals are white (rear,front, and sidemarkers)!!!
Looks great. Do they ever give you a hard time when you get your X inspected?
__________________
- Aaron

/// My X Page ///
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-14-2006, 02:35 PM
FULANITO's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: QUEENS, N.Y.
Posts: 448
FULANITO is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanX5
Looks great. Do they ever give you a hard time when you get your X inspected?
Don't know yet, I only have 4,200 miles!!! I think my inspection is due with the oil change in July, I guess I'll find out then!!!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-16-2006, 09:34 PM
DinanX5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 762
DinanX5 is on a distinguished road
Installed them yesterday - they look great, pretty much as advertised. (But, as others have said, still not too noticeable during daylight.)
The kit seems like it was designed/made well (which it should be for $300+), but the instructions are definitely lacking. It would have saved a lot of poking around to have a couple of simple pics displaying the plastic "angled" bulb housing, and a note on how to open it... and maybe some more detail on actually removing the old units (direction of twist, how far to turn before it releases and can be pulled out, etc.)
And by the way, for those with the Dinan CAI installed, plan on having to remove the top of the filter enclosure to get to the passenger-side bulb housing

Anyway, this was a simple mod that looks great - especially at dawn/dusk when you can cruise around with the angel eyes on w/o the headlights
__________________
- Aaron

/// My X Page ///
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Dygital's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 186
Dygital is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanX5
Installed them yesterday - they look great, pretty much as advertised. (But, as others have said, still not too noticeable during daylight.)
The kit seems like it was designed/made well (which it should be for $300+), but the instructions are definitely lacking. It would have saved a lot of poking around to have a couple of simple pics displaying the plastic "angled" bulb housing, and a note on how to open it... and maybe some more detail on actually removing the old units (direction of twist, how far to turn before it releases and can be pulled out, etc.)
And by the way, for those with the Dinan CAI installed, plan on having to remove the top of the filter enclosure to get to the passenger-side bulb housing

Anyway, this was a simple mod that looks great - especially at dawn/dusk when you can cruise around with the angel eyes on w/o the headlights
DinanX5, I am about to put mine on. Can you tell me and the rest of us what to look out for and what the instructions are missing? Thanks! P.S. I have AFS CAI.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Jet Black
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-17-2006, 12:41 AM
godeacs06's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 221
godeacs06 is on a distinguished road
Is anyone else having a minor flickering problem or am I the only one?
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:54 AM
SILENTx5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 950
SILENTx5 is on a distinguished road
no flickering here. i installed mine over the weekend and during the daylight, its not that visible. you could barely tell its on. at night, they're not as bright as i thought it would be. the driver's side was a pain in the ass to do.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-17-2006, 11:40 AM
blackpig's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 155
blackpig is on a distinguished road
maybe i am the only one having this problem....

Check this out...
http://www.xoutpost.com/x5-e53-forum/...-flashing.html
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Dave@CustomAngelEyes's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 142
Dave@CustomAngelEyes is on a distinguished road
This group buy is still going on, and the price is the best around!!

Be the first in your area with this UNIQUE Upgrade!
__________________
Dave: Owner
Custom Angel Eye Headlights for BMWs


Bright, White Upgrade for all OEM BMW Angel Eyes

www.CustomAngelEyes.com
www.AngeliBright.com
AIM: CustomAngelEyes
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-23-2006, 03:11 PM
WOOD56's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 412
WOOD56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
This group buy is still going on, and the price is the best around!!

Be the first in your area with this UNIQUE Upgrade!
Dave, R these also better then the 06 X5 4.4 OEM?
__________________
GERARD L.ANTHONY
((( 2006 X5 4.4i ))) Toledo Blue/ Beige Interior W/High Gloss Lgt Trim /Sport /Prem /CW /RC packages; Nav /Servotronic /19" Style 132 /Alum. running boards
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.