Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > Other BMWs
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-18-2006, 05:31 PM
SANguru's Avatar
Scuderia Ferrari Tifosi
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,500
SANguru is on a distinguished road
haha.. between this and the S4, they should vote me in as president, Chairman and CEO of OPEC. I tried driving the entire week on P400, take it nice and slow, shift at 3000. Same damn result. Car runs real rich down low and that's the problem. I am hoping the AA software will fix that. Just did a re-adaptation last week. So far, a little sign of improvement with 1/4 left, gas light on, and 164miles to this tank. I'm really not upset about the gas mileage, just more the pathetic cruising range stock of ~150 before running dry. BMW should have increased the tank by another 10 gallons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL
Yes, I believe you. I do think there is an element of 'use the power, pay the price' and if driven ridiculously slowly, the M5 could do a lot better. Having said that, I know you aren't slowing down anytime soon, and I am sure I wouldn't either. Still love your tag line, #1 OPEC supporter.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #32  
Old 08-18-2006, 08:24 PM
cmyX6go's Avatar
Hell on wheels....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in a black dress
Posts: 12,733
cmyX6go will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro
Why not..anything for big sis
Thank you sweetie!
__________________


Current:
2016 X6 ///M Black Sapphire Metallic
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-19-2006, 01:02 AM
DINANM3's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 2,350
DINANM3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru
haha.. between this and the S4, they should vote me in as president, Chairman and CEO of OPEC. I tried driving the entire week on P400, take it nice and slow, shift at 3000. Same damn result. Car runs real rich down low and that's the problem. I am hoping the AA software will fix that. Just did a re-adaptation last week. So far, a little sign of improvement with 1/4 left, gas light on, and 164miles to this tank. I'm really not upset about the gas mileage, just more the pathetic cruising range stock of ~150 before running dry. BMW should have increased the tank by another 10 gallons.
Seriously. 150 mile cruising range is a joke. Id be geting gas every 2 to three days if i drove one every day. My X5 goes 400miles on one tank.
__________________
Dinan M3

2006 X5 4.4i Sport Current Vehicle
2006 CLS 55 AMG Current Vehicle
2010 FORD F-450 King Ranch Current Vehicle
2012 GL 550 Current Vehicle

1999 M3 Dinan S3 SOLD
2001 M3 Dinan S2 SOLD
2002 M5 SOLD
2004 X5 4.4i sport SOLD
2007 335 XI Lease ended
2009 E92 M3 SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-19-2006, 01:20 AM
SANguru's Avatar
Scuderia Ferrari Tifosi
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,500
SANguru is on a distinguished road
yup.. avg 3 times a week. sometimes 2x a weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINANM3
Seriously. 150 mile cruising range is a joke. Id be geting gas every 2 to three days if i drove one every day. My X5 goes 400miles on one tank.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-19-2006, 01:28 AM
JCL's Avatar
JCL JCL is offline
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11,853
JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
I went to the dealer several times and spec'd out an M5 a few months ago. Interlagos, silverstone extended leather, executive package. A set of winter wheels and tires. Worked up the price, I was thinking that the X5 and Z4 would both go, and I would have a fun car every day. The fuel consumption was the single biggest issue to me. The limited range would be a PITA, the cost of fuel would be a nuisance but a known quantity (at least for a while), but what choked me was the idea of consuming that much fuel for one person to drive back and forth to work. Maybe it is not logical (whoever said the M5 was logical?), but I think the factory has to do better. It is an amazing engine, but now lets see them get that power (or close to it) with a little more reasonable fuel consumption. I think the 335 coupe is a step in the right direction, but only time will tell.

Josh, something tells me that yours is for fun, and you will trade it off when things like the fuel consumption become too much of a pain. Enjoy it in the meantime, or for a long time if I am wrong, it is an amazing car in a lot of other respects.
__________________
2007 X3 3.0si, 6 MT, Premium, White

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-19-2006, 01:54 AM
DINANM3's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 2,350
DINANM3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru
yup.. avg 3 times a week. sometimes 2x a weekend.
Shit thats the kind of cruising range a ford ac cobra got with the 427. Afterall this is a 4 door sedan and someoone may want to drive it on a trip sometime and might not want to het gas every 2 hours. If i drove it to FLorida i woould have to gas it up 11 times. I only had to gas up my X5 3 times when i took that to Florida. You figure the engineers would have thought about this and did something although i understand it wouldt be an easy fix.
__________________
Dinan M3

2006 X5 4.4i Sport Current Vehicle
2006 CLS 55 AMG Current Vehicle
2010 FORD F-450 King Ranch Current Vehicle
2012 GL 550 Current Vehicle

1999 M3 Dinan S3 SOLD
2001 M3 Dinan S2 SOLD
2002 M5 SOLD
2004 X5 4.4i sport SOLD
2007 335 XI Lease ended
2009 E92 M3 SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-19-2006, 01:58 AM
SANguru's Avatar
Scuderia Ferrari Tifosi
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,500
SANguru is on a distinguished road
yup.. it is my daily driver but I am waiting for my weekend car. I tend to buy and sell my cars probably 2 to 3 times a year. I have a 997 turbo that's on order for delivery in November but have been dabbling with the idea of AM V8 lemans edition as I have confirmed that it IS coming to the US in very very limited quantities (~540hp). I took the standard AM V8 out for about an hour last weekend and was fairly impressed with the overall package with handling, fit and finish and the looks of that car. The exhaust on the car sounds almost ferrari-esqe and rivals the gallardo. Did I mention the car looks absolutely gorgeous in person? It was little down on power though. I've also looked at a couple gallardos but lambo's recently do not hold their value very well and getting in one will mean you will take a huge bath.. I would love to get a 430 but they are just to pricey at this point and I cannot justify spending 230K+ on a car that I can't drive all the time.

back on track though, the price of gas doesn't bug me.. 50 bucks a tank is not bad. It's just how many times I have to get gas a week. The attendant at the gas station is on a first name basis with me.. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL
I went to the dealer several times and spec'd out an M5 a few months ago. Interlagos, silverstone extended leather, executive package. A set of winter wheels and tires. Worked up the price, I was thinking that the X5 and Z4 would both go, and I would have a fun car every day. The fuel consumption was the single biggest issue to me. The limited range would be a PITA, the cost of fuel would be a nuisance but a known quantity (at least for a while), but what choked me was the idea of consuming that much fuel for one person to drive back and forth to work. Maybe it is not logical (whoever said the M5 was logical?), but I think the factory has to do better. It is an amazing engine, but now lets see them get that power (or close to it) with a little more reasonable fuel consumption. I think the 335 coupe is a step in the right direction, but only time will tell.

Josh, something tells me that yours is for fun, and you will trade it off when things like the fuel consumption become too much of a pain. Enjoy it in the meantime, or for a long time if I am wrong, it is an amazing car in a lot of other respects.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-19-2006, 02:40 AM
DINANM3's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 2,350
DINANM3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru
yup.. it is my daily driver but I am waiting for my weekend car. I tend to buy and sell my cars probably 2 to 3 times a year. I have a 997 turbo that's on order for delivery in November but have been dabbling with the idea of AM V8 lemans edition as I have confirmed that it IS coming to the US in very very limited quantities (~540hp). I took the standard AM V8 out for about an hour last weekend and was fairly impressed with the overall package with handling, fit and finish and the looks of that car. The exhaust on the car sounds almost ferrari-esqe and rivals the gallardo. Did I mention the car looks absolutely gorgeous in person? It was little down on power though. I've also looked at a couple gallardos but lambo's recently do not hold their value very well and getting in one will mean you will take a huge bath.. I would love to get a 430 but they are just to pricey at this point and I cannot justify spending 230K+ on a car that I can't drive all the time.

back on track though, the price of gas doesn't bug me.. 50 bucks a tank is not bad. It's just how many times I have to get gas a week. The attendant at the gas station is on a first name basis with me.. haha
Hey how many gallons is the tank on the E92
__________________
Dinan M3

2006 X5 4.4i Sport Current Vehicle
2006 CLS 55 AMG Current Vehicle
2010 FORD F-450 King Ranch Current Vehicle
2012 GL 550 Current Vehicle

1999 M3 Dinan S3 SOLD
2001 M3 Dinan S2 SOLD
2002 M5 SOLD
2004 X5 4.4i sport SOLD
2007 335 XI Lease ended
2009 E92 M3 SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-19-2006, 10:20 AM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WNC
Posts: 6,011
AzNMpower32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru
yup.. avg 3 times a week. sometimes 2x a weekend.
Wow, how big (or small) is the gas tank on that thing?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-19-2006, 12:44 PM
SANguru's Avatar
Scuderia Ferrari Tifosi
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,500
SANguru is on a distinguished road
17 gallons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32
Wow, how big (or small) is the gas tank on that thing?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.