Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > Other BMWs
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calabasas, California
Posts: 365
inlacal is on a distinguished road
Where is the bloody navigation unit in my 2004 545i???

Group,

I just picked up a 2004 545i. It has navigation and I quickly found out it didn't come with the disc....

Well...In-dash, there is a single disc CD and single disc DVD (?)

Where is the navigation unit for me to insert the Nav DVD? Ordinarily, it is in the trunks of BMW's I'm familiar with. I tried inserting the Nav DVD into the single disc DVD slot in the dash and the monitor kept saying INSERT NAVIGATION DISC....So, I'm surmising this in-dash DVD unit is not for Nav.

Please advise,
Chris
__________________
2014 X5d
2012 X5d

2008 M5
2004 M3
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
PersonaNonGrata's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,749
PersonaNonGrata is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlacal
Group,

I just picked up a 2004 545i. It has navigation and I quickly found out it didn't come with the disc....

Well...In-dash, there is a single disc CD and single disc DVD (?)

Where is the navigation unit for me to insert the Nav DVD? Ordinarily, it is in the trunks of BMW's I'm familiar with. I tried inserting the Nav DVD into the single disc DVD slot in the dash and the monitor kept saying INSERT NAVIGATION DISC....So, I'm surmising this in-dash DVD unit is not for Nav.

Please advise,
Chris
Chris,

It puts the DVD in the slot. It's the DVD drive in the dash, under the CD player slot.

That DVD drive will also play MP3's burned on to a DVD. The menus aren't super clear so play around with the DVD structure.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2007, 02:35 PM
dr.jay's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greenwood Always Up To No Good!
Posts: 2,508
dr.jay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaNonGrata
Chris,

It puts the DVD in the slot. It's the DVD drive in the dash, under the CD player slot.

That DVD drive will also play MP3's burned on to a DVD. The menus aren't super clear so play around with the DVD structure.
It's under the Cd player
__________________
"To become a member of a crew you've got to be 100% Italian so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. See, it's the highest honor they can give you. It means you belong to a family and crew. It means that nobody can [email protected] around with you. It also means you could [email protected] around with anybody just as long as they aren't also a member. It's like a license to steal. It's a license to do anything"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WNC
Posts: 6,011
AzNMpower32 is on a distinguished road
Yah, under the CD player. Why it has to be there, is beyond me (a 6 CD changer would be a better use of space)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calabasas, California
Posts: 365
inlacal is on a distinguished road
Nav Dvd....movie?

I tried three different NAV discs...None of the worked...All were O.E. discs (non recorded).

I keep getting the INSERT NAVIGATION DISC message.


Also: What's the feasibility of getting that slot to play a DVD movie?

Chris
__________________
2014 X5d
2012 X5d

2008 M5
2004 M3
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32
Yah, under the CD player. Why it has to be there, is beyond me (a 6 CD changer would be a better use of space)
German way of thinking. Japanese would have the 6-disc DVD MP3 player up front and nav disc in trunk.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.