Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X ///M Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:07 AM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Guys quick service question for U again: did any of u get the after-break-in service done at 1500 miles? Dealer recomended it though I read somewhere (cannot remember where), that it is recomended for all M vehicles other than the X5M/6M. Thanks in advance for replies.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #52  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Rez's Avatar
Rez Rez is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 475
Rez is on a distinguished road
I did it out of pocket as it is not recommend and therefore not covered by BMW. All my other M's had a 1200 mile service so I figured it can't hurt
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 460
998M is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
I did it out of pocket as it is not recommend and therefore not covered by BMW. All my other M's had a 1200 mile service so I figured it can't hurt

Same with me
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-13-2011, 04:26 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Thanks. That makes my decision easy. Just want to make sure that the dealer was not BSing me....
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Guys another question: Ordered a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 27540/R20..will the 275s fit on the default rear wheels that come with the truck?

Last edited by stlcity; 12-13-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:50 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcity View Post
Guys another question: Ordered a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 27540/R20..will the 275s fit on the default rear wheels that come with the truck?
Yes. Per home page of Blizzak BM-V1 they fit. Click Specs on the linked page and look at Rim width column ...(9" to 11").
Blizzak DM-V1: Bridgestone Tires
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:54 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansX5 View Post
Yes. Per home page of Blizzak BM-V1 they fit. Click Specs on the linked page and look at Rim width column ...(9" to 11").
Blizzak DM-V1: Bridgestone Tires
Thats what I thought too....I had made sure with Tire rack before I ordered them. The frea....ng service dept at the dealer decided that it wont fit. They then stuffed the tires onto the seats of the brand new truck...To add oil to the fire on the invoice they charged me for the tire change...

I'm pissed like no other. Left the car at the dealer as unfortunately the service center was closed when I got there. Sometime I think people dont think.....
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 243
iMpower is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcity View Post
Thats what I thought too....I had made sure with Tire rack before I ordered them. The frea....ng service dept at the dealer decided that it wont fit. They then stuffed the tires onto the seats of the brand new truck...To add oil to the fire on the invoice they charged me for the tire change...

I'm pissed like no other. Left the car at the dealer as unfortunately the service center was closed when I got there. Sometime I think people dont think.....

Man... if they stuffed the tires on that leather I'd have some serious rage in that department and light some manager up. Unbelievable!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-13-2011, 09:30 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpower View Post
Man... if they stuffed the tires on that leather I'd have some serious rage in that department and light some manager up. Unbelievable!
That is exactly what they did...I yelled at the sales manager who happens to be good and pretty friendly to me. if the service department was open I would have got someones head for that....I am still enraged hours after leaving the dealer.

One would think that before they decide not to put the tires on they would have the sense to call me. No phone calls. Then they stuff the tires into the truck on the leather seats. Freaking demented...

Going to call and threaten them tomorrow that if the car has a scratch has a scratch on the outside or dirt/rubber on the seats/inside they would have to clean/detail before I take the car away...

That is exactly how I feel right now....
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 243
iMpower is on a distinguished road
I agree.

It just makes NO sense why someone would even think to do that! Seems it was done out of some sort of hate or jealousy for your car.

Sorry for your frustration, but I'd feel exact same way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.