Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X ///M Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-11-2011, 11:47 AM
palbay's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Greenville,SC
Posts: 460
palbay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansX5 View Post
Finally had some time to capture frames of mp4 1080p video in slow motion..Some observations:
Power dome on hood
No side ///M gills
Sports shifter
Rear view mirrors are black
Style 300M wheels?
New LED halo headlights and taillights which are clearly visible
Facelift elements- bumper, etc. on horizontal slat in bumper scoops.
LeMansX5, Your dead on with your observations for the most part. I now have pic's and saw the car being tested by engineers.The pic's are w/ Brenda Priddy...hopefully they will appear soon. I can confirm the power dome hood. I first thought it might be toned down from the X6 Hybrid but after seeing it again it could be right from the X6 Hybrid parts bin. The front fascia is identical to the 50i X6 Facelift front air intakes that have appeared in recent months.The big opening w/ what appears to be slats inside.There are turbo air coolers visible in each front air intake.There is no external "M" branding visible...... No fender M gills and no quad exhaust. I think this car is "Tuned" by "M" but not intended to be a full on "M" product.The rear side mirrors are black.The exhaust note is OUTRAGEOUS. Like the 50i X6....deep and NASCAR V8 loud. But even louder to my ears.The note could change w/ mapping and development tweaks prior to launch.You would never imagine it was an oil burner. The best high performance diesel exhaust note I ever heard.....truck or sedan. I'm going to try and capture some vids.....gotta hear that exhaust note. Looking to be a monster machine. Thanks. PalBay
__________________
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12  
Old 12-11-2011, 12:15 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by palbay View Post
LeMansX5, Your dead on with your observations for the most part. I now have pic's and saw the car being tested by engineers.The pic's are w/ Brenda Priddy...hopefully they will appear soon. I can confirm the power dome hood. I first thought it might be toned down from the X6 Hybrid but after seeing it again it could be right from the X6 Hybrid parts bin. The front fascia is identical to the 50i X6 Facelift front air intakes that have appeared in recent months.The big opening w/ what appears to be slats inside.There are turbo air coolers visible in each front air intake.There is no external "M" branding visible...... No fender M gills and no quad exhaust. I think this car is "Tuned" by "M" but not intended to be a full on "M" product.The rear side mirrors are black.The exhaust note is OUTRAGEOUS. Like the 50i X6....deep and NASCAR V8 loud. But even louder to my ears.The note could change w/ mapping and development tweaks prior to launch.You would never imagine it was an oil burner. The best high performance diesel exhaust note I ever heard.....truck or sedan. I'm going to try and capture some vids.....gotta hear that exhaust note. Looking to be a monster machine. Thanks. PalBay
Thanks Palbay. Look forward to the pics.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 243
iMpower is on a distinguished road
I have been wondering about the marketing strategy for a diesel version M X5/6 vehicle.

What is the reason and who is the likely buyer?


If you want power the X5/6M is the answer. If you want some efficiency then the 35i is probably it. In between the 50i is it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:34 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpower View Post
I have been wondering about the marketing strategy for a diesel version M X5/6 vehicle.

What is the reason and who is the likely buyer?


If you want power the X5/6M is the answer. If you want some efficiency then the 35i is probably it. In between the 50i is it.
It will be cheaper than X5M and 0-60 close to X5M. And will have the handling and driving dynamics of a ///M car. X5 50i will not match the handling. M-division did not bless it and not involved in design.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 243
iMpower is on a distinguished road
Well, it's definately not swaying me into even considering it as an alternative to an X5M.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: U.S.
Posts: 317
RickM5X3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpower View Post
I have been wondering about the marketing strategy for a diesel version M X5/6 vehicle.

What is the reason and who is the likely buyer?


If you want power the X5/6M is the answer. If you want some efficiency then the 35i is probably it. In between the 50i is it.
I tow over some of the toughest passes (e.g., Vail Pass, topping out over 10,600 ft elev. and extended grades over 8%). Looking to upgrade to a 30' trailer, so this diesel would be ideal!
__________________
2016 GMC Sierra 2500 HD All-Terrain, Duramax 6.6

2011 X5M Alpine White/Sakhir Orange, Eucalyptus, Spare tire!, Comfort, Soft Close, Tech, Rear Climate, Individual dash, Individual Audio, HUD, DVD, USB, Cold.

Gone:
2008 4.8i
2005 X5 4.8is
2004 X5 4.4i Sport
2004 X3 3.0i 6MT
2002 M5
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-14-2011, 11:58 AM
FSETH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 5,303
FSETH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpower View Post
Well, it's definately not swaying me into even considering it as an alternative to an X5M.
Why not?
__________________
Profeshenal spellar
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
motordavid's Avatar
RetiredBum & Semi-RenaissanceMan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mtns of Western NC, & SW FLA
Posts: 16,758
motordavid will become famous soon enoughmotordavid will become famous soon enough
If I had a budget approaching a $100Gs for a car, and was replacing our ol'X, I would look very hard at that diesel car. Alas, that ain't in my RetiredBum budget; certainly have the dough, but won't spend that kind of money on a 'car'. But, cool idea, imo.
GL, mD
__________________
Ol'UncleMotor
From the Home Base of Pro Bono Punditry
and 50 Cent Opins...

Our Mtn Scenes, Car Pics, and Road Trip Pics on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627297418250/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627332480833/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My X Page




Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 243
iMpower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSETH View Post
Why not?

Because I see no benefit of this car over the X5M, except, mileage, and, perhaps, cheaper price.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 AM
FSETH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 5,303
FSETH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpower View Post
Because I see no benefit of this car over the X5M, except, mileage, and, perhaps, cheaper price.
Better mileage and lower price seem like two substantial benefits to me.

I could understand if you happened to prefer the performance characteristics of a gas powered engine over a diesel. Otherwise, there isn't much difference. The diesel would be a very appealing choice to me personally. Those are amazing performance figures for an oil burner.
__________________
Profeshenal spellar
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.