Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-23-2018, 09:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Munich (GER)
Posts: 39
blabla30 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X53Jay4.8is View Post
The range rover 6 piston brembo requires the the mounting insert to be removed from the caliper and then place a blank one in its place. Once in place you drill the blank insert to the dimensions of the BMW X5 caliper hub mount. Use a set of caliper bolts 12mm longer than the original and then mount up. I a cannot take credit for the using the rover calipers that credit goes to another board member" ilias051266" He did this upgrade first.

Do I have to drill them centric or excentric?

Beuasenif its centric I could just bore a bigger bore and do not need new inserts
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #52  
Old 03-14-2020, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Maple Valley WA
Posts: 86
BMW DIY Guy is on a distinguished road
Looking at a retrofit upgrade like this on my 01 X5 4.4 all stock. Thank you for all the part numbers and info, would I still need the spacers you think?
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube!
F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Awron, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy **
** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-14-2020, 06:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Maple Valley WA
Posts: 86
BMW DIY Guy is on a distinguished road
Also your parts list looks like just fronts, yes? What do you suggest for rears?
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube!
F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Awron, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy **
** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-15-2020, 04:55 PM
SpookX5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Naaldwijk
Posts: 124
SpookX5 is on a distinguished road
I'm going to do this mod soon, but one thing that I'm not 100% sure of is the brake line. OP said he replaced the brake lines for new braided ones, but did not include info about which model.

Can I use the stock E53 brake lines or do I need the E70 X5M brake lines?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-15-2020, 04:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Maple Valley WA
Posts: 86
BMW DIY Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookX5 View Post
I'm going to do this mod soon, but one thing that I'm not 100% sure of is the brake line. OP said he replaced the brake lines for new braided ones, but did not include info about which model.

Can I use the stock E53 brake lines or do I need the E70 X5M brake lines?
Now there is a million dollar question.. I bought SS standard lines for the E53, so I hope they work. I have everything to do the job but the rotors yet. I worked it out with R1 to get the mismatched set for fronts and rears, they just need to be ordered.

I was able to get a KILLER deal on new wheels, 20s off of an X3M, so wheels and tires have been changed from the original 18s.
__________________
Check out my BMW DIY Channel on YouTube!
F32, F80, E39, E46, E53, and E83 projects from Active Autowerke, TuningTechFS, Awron, AvinUSA, Karbonius Composites and more!
** YouTube BMW DIY Guy **
** Facebook BMW DIY Guy **
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-15-2020, 05:59 PM
SpookX5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Naaldwijk
Posts: 124
SpookX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Now there is a million dollar question.. I bought SS standard lines for the E53, so I hope they work. I have everything to do the job but the rotors yet. I worked it out with R1 to get the mismatched set for fronts and rears, they just need to be ordered.

I was able to get a KILLER deal on new wheels, 20s off of an X3M, so wheels and tires have been changed from the original 18s.
I think they will work as Jay did not list them in his partslist, but I want to be sure. :-)

I found a complete set of calipers, rotors and pads for 600 EUR in Germany. Cheap I think. I will paint them to match the rear calipers. Can't wait!!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-17-2020, 12:56 PM
bcredliner's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Little Elm,Texas. (40 minutes North of Dallas)
Posts: 8,097
bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookX5 View Post
I think they will work as Jay did not list them in his partslist, but I want to be sure. :-)

I found a complete set of calipers, rotors and pads for 600 EUR in Germany. Cheap I think. I will paint them to match the rear calipers. Can't wait!!
I believe Jay was talking about aftermarket lines that go from the caliper to the existing brake line. From picture it is the red line you can see. They are a good add even if not doing anything to your brakes.
__________________
X5 4.6 2002 Black Sap, Black interior. 2013 X5M Melbourne Red, Bamboo interior
Dallas
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-08-2023, 02:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26
robbtennis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X53Jay4.8is View Post
The range rover 6 piston brembo requires the the mounting insert to be removed from the caliper and then place a blank one in its place. Once in place you drill the blank insert to the dimensions of the BMW X5 caliper hub mount. Use a set of caliper bolts 12mm longer than the original and then mount up. I a cannot take credit for the using the rover calipers that credit goes to another board member" ilias051266" He did this upgrade first.
I hate to beat a dead horse but I'm thinking of adding bigger front calipers to my 4.6is and found this informative thread. Will the RANGE ROVER SPORT (2006-2009) Brembo calipers fit and is this a worthwhile upgrade? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-27-2023, 08:45 AM
BigBody's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: nyc
Posts: 366
BigBody is on a distinguished road
They will not, without major modification that would make them not worth it. There is a reason OP took a different route... i will leave it at that.

E70-F15/85 are bolt on for front calipers to E53 last i recall. There are plenty of options that will actually bolt on.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-25-2023, 12:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26
robbtennis is on a distinguished road
Here's another tangential question, if replacing the fronts with 6pots brakes, would it be advisable and possible to move the front rotors and calipers to the rear?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.