Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 111
sidneyj is on a distinguished road
So glad your wife is ok!!! Maybe the 2002 needs to see some daily activity!!


Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com

Last edited by sidneyj; 10-13-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12  
Old 10-29-2019, 09:04 PM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,880
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyj View Post
So glad your wife is ok!!! Maybe the 2002 needs to see some daily activity!!
Ohhhh! You said 2002! I thought you meant *2020* LOL

The replacement started as a used Estoril Blue M235. I still cant believe she wanted a damn coupe. We learned about the M240's from >2017 and settled on seeking one of those. And then, the seeds that I started a few months ago bore Fall fruit. I sorta half joked with a buddy who has a car habit that since he didn't sell me his 2019 M2 this Summer, I'd be ready for the 2020 he replaced it with. Who knew that little seed would swell into a blue sapling in the driveway?

TLDR;

Baby Blue is dead! Long live Baby Blue!

It was a terrible morning to pick up my 1st ever M car.
Yes, you're seeing that right. In the 3 months he's driven it 2,000 miles, my buddy never reset the trip odometer. He's in his late 70's. He could tell us how to put it in drive and reverse. That's all he remembers. Note that it's dusty. I don't think he ever vacuumed the interior much less dusted.
Syoooo.. 30 minutes after I dropped the cashier's check... I was already twitchy over his armpit sweat, spit, snot, and anything else on the leather. We all know it needs to be treated, right? RIGHT?!
She needs a day with me and a buffer. I'll get there. Things have changed since the last time we ran a car made in the same year we bought it. I gotta start hawking the detail forums again.
Annnd then, there's my fantasy fulfilled. I've removed badges off every BMW I've owned for the last 20 years, especially the top of the model class like a V8 E39 or hopped up i6. Invariably, some Internet keyboard jockey would chime in- "Only people in the lower models like 528's and 323's do that. No one does that to a 540 or 330 or blah-bitty blah. There is NO WAY you'd ever do that to a real M!" Ahh, the M badge police with the chance for a twist on the same old case, amIrite?
Annnd that clean tail. I LOVE it.

Just like a good spouse, my lil wifey keeps me guessing. I have to admit that I know ZERO about this car. I have heard rumblings about it and heard fan boys go nuts about it. I read for the first time an article about it today. In the end, this was a great deal on a 2 door car I never gave worthwhile thought. It's even in a color that my wife did not want. She wanted Estoril. Who *here* can blame her?

Anyway, thanks for looking in. I wonder if we'll have THIS one nearly 18 years until 2037?
__________________

Last edited by PropellerHead; 10-29-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-29-2019, 09:12 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 192
Happy is on a distinguished road
Warning- pretty irrelevant to the E53

That dust on the interior is not a bad thing, most of my pics show it. I never drive my truck, that tells me that your new purchase is lightly used.

Awesome! Congratulations!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-29-2019, 09:17 PM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,973
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
Ohhhh! You said 2002! I thought you meant *2020* LOL

The replacement started as a used Estoril Blue M235. I still cant believe she wanted a damn coupe. We learned about the M240's from >2017 and settled on seeking one of those. And then, the seeds that I started a few months ago bore Fall fruit. I sorta half joked with a buddy who has a car habit that since he didn't sell me his 2019 M2 this Summer, I'd be ready for the 2020 he replaced it with. Who knew that little seed would swell into a blue sapling in the driveway?

TLDR;

Baby Blue is dead! Long live Baby Blue!

It was a terrible morning to pick up my 1st ever M car.

Yes, you're seeing that right. In the 3 months he's driven it 2,000 miles, my buddy never reset the trip odometer. He's in his late 70's. He could tell us how to put it in drive and reverse. That's all he remembers. Note that it's dusty. I don't think he ever vacuumed the interior much less dusted.

Syoooo.. 30 minutes after I dropped the cashier's check... I was already twitchy over his armpit sweat, spit, snot, and anything else on the leather. We all know it needs to be treated, right? RIGHT?!

She needs a day with me and a buffer. I'll get there. Things have changed since the last time we ran a car made in the same year we bought it. I gotta start hawking the detail forums again.
Annnd then, there's my fantasy fulfilled. I've removed badges off every BMW I've owned for the last 20 years, especially the top of the model class like a V8 E39 or hopped up i6. Invariably, some Internet keyboard jockey would chime in- "Only people in the lower models like 528's and 323's do that. No one does that to a 540 or 330 or blah-bitty blah. There is NO WAY you'd ever do that to a real M!" Ahh, the M badge police with the chance for a twist on the same old case, amIrite?

Just like a good spouse, my lil wifey keeps me guessing. I have to admit that I know ZERO about this car. I have heard rumblings about it and heard fan boys go nuts about it. I read for the first time an article about it today. In the end, this was a great deal on a 2 door car I never gave worthwhile thought. It's even in a color that my wife did not want. She wanted Estoril. Who *here* can blame her?

Anyway, thanks for looking in. I wonder if we'll have THIS one nearly 18 years until 2037?
Absolutely badass! Congratulations!

I have been programming a lot of data systems for the M235iR lately, those cars are just fast in the TC class in SRO.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-29-2019, 10:36 PM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 874
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Prop,
If it would make you feel better, I guess we could trade my 2005 4.8iS for that car... You know just so you feel comfortable again

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-29-2019, 10:57 PM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,880
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
Prop,
If it would make you feel better, I guess we could trade my 2005 4.8iS for that car... You know just so you feel comfortable again
White E53. Check.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-29-2019, 11:05 PM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 874
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
White E53. Check.



True but I meant one with an adult sized engine

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-29-2019, 11:27 PM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,880
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
True but I meant one with an adult sized engine
Heyyyy.. it's the same *size*. It just can't move as much air.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-29-2019, 11:40 PM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 874
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
Heyyyy.. it's the same *size*. It just can't move as much air.


So I guess you'd rather suffer with that M...

Just being helpful and thought about even throwing in some sand AND dust...

Well, enjoy the ride!

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-30-2019, 07:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Burlington, NJ
Posts: 572
amancuso is on a distinguished road
Wow. Sad story but glad the Mrs. is ok and you got a nice little M. Hope you enjoy!

The M2 is a fantastic little ride, although a little bumpy. We took ours on a road trip from New Jersey to Chicago and enjoyed every minute behind the wheel. Looks like yours doesn't have the executive package, which affords the LED active headlights, automatic high beams, forward collision warning, lane assist, HK stereo, and wireless charging. Mine is a 2018, so I've got the M Modified N55B30T0 vs. the detuned version of S55 in the competition. 2 great cars that BMW got right!

IMG_2212 by Al, on Flickr
__________________
2004 4.8iS

Last edited by amancuso; 10-30-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.