Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-03-2021, 01:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Posts: 44
aheckenast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I highly recommend it
Sounds a lot better with 4.4i mufflers vs 3.0i ones btw.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #22  
Old 10-03-2021, 02:04 AM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,053
Happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheckenast View Post
I highly recommend it!

Their already in the mail!!

Thanks again, for the purchasing tip.
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-03-2021, 02:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Posts: 44
aheckenast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Their already in the mail!!

Thanks again, for the purchasing tip.
Good luck with the install, it's not that fun. If you are time limited I would suggest getting new manifold mounting hardware (studs/nuts to the cyl head).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-03-2021, 12:47 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,053
Happy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheckenast View Post
Good luck with the install, it's not that fun. If you are time limited I would suggest getting new manifold mounting hardware (studs/nuts to the cyl head).

Yeah, I was thinking about replacing the old hardware. It’s gone through so many heat cycles.
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-04-2021, 11:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 285
e39_touring is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheckenast View Post
The catless exhaust smell is noticeable at times but way less than I expected.

Overall I am very pleased. Highly recommend these if you don't mind going catless on the 3.0i.
Good job on the install! I highly recommend flashing the eu2 tune (factory euro catless tune). The exhaust smell will go down 80-90%, no cel, and you'll see a little better mileage. Without the rear o2's, the x is running pig rich as the ecm is constantly testing catalytic efficiency.
__________________
2012 xDrive35d
2001 BMW X5 3.0i 5MT
and two 1987 Corvettes - Callaway Twin Turbo and Guldstrand Grand Sport 80
Block Tester

Last edited by e39_touring; 10-04-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-05-2021, 02:08 PM
Happy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Golden Coast/Lake Houston
Posts: 1,053
Happy is on a distinguished road
Well.. Well.. Well… Lookie hea.. Lookie hea..!

What a surprise today when the door bell rang!

Name:  C0B102FD-F9B8-4FF5-9989-F10298FF02A7.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  77.3 KB
__________________
02 BMW 5 Speed Supercharged Ethanol Burnin Meth Injected E53

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-05-2021, 02:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Posts: 44
aheckenast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by e39_touring View Post
Good job on the install! I highly recommend flashing the eu2 tune (factory euro catless tune). The exhaust smell will go down 80-90%, no cel, and you'll see a little better mileage. Without the rear o2's, the x is running pig rich as the ecm is constantly testing catalytic efficiency.
Did you do it yourself? I've been holding off as this is my daily while my project car is apart, don't want to accidentally brick the dme.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-05-2021, 03:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 285
e39_touring is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheckenast View Post
Did you do it yourself? I've been holding off as this is my daily while my project car is apart, don't want to accidentally brick the dme.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, it's very easy if you're somewhat familiar with inpa/winkfp, etc. It's been a while, but if you have questions, post them up here, and I can walk you through it. There are lots of videos online as the process is the same for the e46, and a lot of those guys run the eu2 tune. The only difference is you have to select the calibration suitable to the euro version of your x.
__________________
2012 xDrive35d
2001 BMW X5 3.0i 5MT
and two 1987 Corvettes - Callaway Twin Turbo and Guldstrand Grand Sport 80
Block Tester
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-05-2021, 03:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Posts: 44
aheckenast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by e39_touring View Post
Yes, it's very easy if you're somewhat familiar with inpa/winkfp, etc. It's been a while, but if you have questions, post them up here, and I can walk you through it. There are lots of videos online as the process is the same for the e46, and a lot of those guys run the eu2 tune. The only difference is you have to select the calibration suitable to the euro version of your x.
I have those two programs loaded on an old windows xp laptop but am not at all familiar with them at all. I did awhile back test connect to my e53 no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 285
e39_touring is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheckenast View Post
I have those two programs loaded on an old windows xp laptop but am not at all familiar with them at all. I did awhile back test connect to my e53 no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That's the hard part - getting the communications to work right. Since you've tackled that, you're ahead of the game. Flashing takes like 10 minutes.
__________________
2012 xDrive35d
2001 BMW X5 3.0i 5MT
and two 1987 Corvettes - Callaway Twin Turbo and Guldstrand Grand Sport 80
Block Tester
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.