Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2019, 03:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nevada
Posts: 93
Bmwfvr is on a distinguished road
Ride quality is down...

So the ride quality of my 2007 X5 4.8 sport has been degrading over time. Lots of noises from front suspension when going over bumps or driving on rough pavement. So far i have replaced the sway bar end links and the car got a bit quieter but i still get occasional clunking noise.

What else to replace in order to enhance the ride quality to near stock ..

Cheers!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Xoutpost.com mobile app
__________________

__________________________
2007 BMW X5 4.8i
2013 BMW 535i xdrive Msport
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 03-23-2019, 05:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: PNW
Posts: 424
Entropy is on a distinguished road
Do you have Adaptive Drive?

Some other things to replace are the strut top hats and related parts, lower control arms and tension rods (I think thatís what theyíre called... the other lower control arms).
__________________
2007 E70 4.8i
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2019, 10:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nevada
Posts: 93
Bmwfvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Do you have Adaptive Drive?

Some other things to replace are the strut top hats and related parts, lower control arms and tension rods (I think thatís what theyíre called... the other lower control arms).
I do have adaptive drive. There is a sport button but it doesn't really do anything!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Xoutpost.com mobile app
__________________

__________________________
2007 BMW X5 4.8i
2013 BMW 535i xdrive Msport
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2019, 11:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 371
absentmathis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfvr View Post
I do have adaptive drive. There is a sport button but it doesn't really do anything!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Xoutpost.com mobile app
Thatís my observation on the button as well on my 08 48i, but I think the car drives and handles superbly either way. Iíve also dealt with some clunks, lower suspension arms were my culprit. Iíve started ordering all my parts through FCP because of their lifetime warranty and how these cars chew through suspension parts. I think my strut bearings are giving it up now, have a little chatter over bumps from that area.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2019, 11:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nevada
Posts: 93
Bmwfvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by absentmathis View Post
Thatís my observation on the button as well on my 08 48i, but I think the car drives and handles superbly either way. Iíve also dealt with some clunks, lower suspension arms were my culprit. Iíve started ordering all my parts through FCP because of their lifetime warranty and how these cars chew through suspension parts. I think my strut bearings are giving it up now, have a little chatter over bumps from that area.
This?
Name:  Screenshot_20190323-201924_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  27.9 KB

Sent from my SM-G955U using Xoutpost.com mobile app
__________________

__________________________
2007 BMW X5 4.8i
2013 BMW 535i xdrive Msport
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2019, 11:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 371
absentmathis is on a distinguished road
Iíve replaced parts 5 & 10 from the link below due to clunking. Had a #5 fail twice but the interval suggested it may have been a defective part. On a separate note; do you have any rear camber issues? Thatís just started to manifest on mine, I think itís the upper arms but have yet to dive into it.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-24-2019, 12:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nevada
Posts: 93
Bmwfvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by absentmathis View Post
Iíve replaced parts 5 & 10 from the link below due to clunking. Had a #5 fail twice but the interval suggested it may have been a defective part. On a separate note; do you have any rear camber issues? Thatís just started to manifest on mine, I think itís the upper arms but have yet to dive into it.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog
What kind of issues?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Xoutpost.com mobile app
__________________

__________________________
2007 BMW X5 4.8i
2013 BMW 535i xdrive Msport
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-24-2019, 12:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 371
absentmathis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfvr View Post
What kind of issues?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Xoutpost.com mobile app
Excessive inner tire wear. Camber canít be adjusted to within spec, much less my preferred tolerances. Susp components look fine, but the lean is increasingly obvious to the naked eye.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-24-2019, 12:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nevada
Posts: 93
Bmwfvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by absentmathis View Post
Iíve replaced parts 5 & 10 from the link below due to clunking. Had a #5 fail twice but the interval suggested it may have been a defective part. On a separate note; do you have any rear camber issues? Thatís just started to manifest on mine, I think itís the upper arms but have yet to dive into it.

RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog
Did you replace the entire arms? I am thinking maybe replace just the bushings using a press tool. Way cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Xoutpost.com mobile app
__________________

__________________________
2007 BMW X5 4.8i
2013 BMW 535i xdrive Msport
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-24-2019, 12:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Nevada
Posts: 93
Bmwfvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by absentmathis View Post
Excessive inner tire wear. Camber canít be adjusted to within spec, much less my preferred tolerances. Susp components look fine, but the lean is increasingly obvious to the naked eye.
Pretty much every bmw has that. Its pretty obvious when you look straight at the rear of the car. I think its done on purpose for better handling. Yes i did get uneven wear on my old set in the rear. I didnt notice it until it was too late. I had to buy a new set of tires and since i learned a lesson, i have been rotating my tires every 4000 miles and getting alignment once a year. So far so good. Wear is pretty even since i also see excessive outer wear on the fronts so evens out...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Xoutpost.com mobile app
__________________

__________________________
2007 BMW X5 4.8i
2013 BMW 535i xdrive Msport
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.