Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2019, 02:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Iceland
Posts: 7
Thomzen is on a distinguished road
Radiator outlet connector 3.0si

Hello,

I just got a e70 2007 3.0si and noticed that there is a sensor on the outlet radiatior hose that is not connected.
I have looked everywhere in the engine bay but I can not fint the connector housing, to connect to the sensor.
Any idea?
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 11-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Iceland
Posts: 7
Thomzen is on a distinguished road
Pic
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2019, 07:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 287
smassey321 is on a distinguished road
After sometime in 2007 they stopped using that sensor. There is a second sensor in the head that now controls everything. I think I have read other threads where people had sensors without wiring.
__________________
2009 X5d w/ AD, CIC/Combox
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2019, 10:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 139
Baby Unicorn Taco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
After sometime in 2007 they stopped using that sensor. There is a second sensor in the head that now controls everything. I think I have read other threads where people had sensors without wiring.


Is that the coolant temperature sensor that is now obsolete with newer parts? I have seen hoses there change to not having a sensor connection as smassey kinda leads to. Old hose has a sensor connection vs new hose is just a hose.


Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-28-2019, 09:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 287
smassey321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Unicorn Taco View Post
Is that the coolant temperature sensor that is now obsolete with newer parts? I have seen hoses there change to not having a sensor connection as smassey kinda leads to. Old hose has a sensor connection vs new hose is just a hose.


Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com
My 5/05 build E90 N52 has the sensor with wire hooked up to it. After 3/07, E90 don't have that sensor. E70s are usually similar for things like this.
__________________
2009 X5d w/ AD, CIC/Combox
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-28-2019, 09:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Iceland
Posts: 7
Thomzen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
My 5/05 build E90 N52 has the sensor with wire hooked up to it. After 3/07, E90 don't have that sensor. E70s are usually similar for things like this.
Ahh okei. My X5 is 4.2007 according to realoem
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.