Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 22
TestnDoc is on a distinguished road
Lock center console/glove box??

Hey Guys/Gals,

I have a 2010 X5. Is there a way to lock the center console and/or the glove box? Is there a button or key hole for this? Cant valet the car otherwise. Thanks!
__________________
06 Porsche cayenne turboS
06 BMW 760Li
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 12-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 257
cravin is on a distinguished road
By default, there is no way to do it. My SA had mentioned the ability to get a valet key made that will only allow you to open the doors and turn on the vehicle for a short amount of time, but I never researched it further.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-2011, 01:04 AM
soldmystang's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 675
soldmystang is on a distinguished road
shucks, maybe you should eat at more trustworthy places................

valet, kiss my ass...............

in order of value in my vehicle at any time..............

(1) Me

(2) my wallet

(3) my sunglasses

(4) my TomTom GPS

(5) my Lynyrd Skynyrd CD

i feel sorry for you Doc, you don't trust the people you are forced to interact with and you don't much like the fact that those folks are touching your stuff. maybe you should just take the bus. oh yeh, that would be well below your station i'm sure............

what could you possibly keep in your car that a locking glovebox would protect yet not be so valuable to allow a common thief with initiative to boost from said locked compartment?

Last edited by soldmystang; 12-24-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 646
jeremym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldmystang View Post
shucks, maybe you should eat at more trustworthy places................

valet, kiss my ass...............

in order of value in my vehicle at any time..............

(1) Me

(2) my wallet

(3) my sunglasses

(4) my TomTom GPS

(5) my Lynyrd Skynyrd CD

i feel sorry for you Doc, you don't trust the people you are forced to interact with and you don't much like the fact that those folks are touching your stuff. maybe you should just take the bus. oh yeh, that would be well below your station i'm sure............

what could you possibly keep in your car that a locking glovebox would protect yet not be so valuable to allow a common thief with initiative to boost from said locked compartment?
Wow..ARD Jr? Pompous D-Bag? Oh..wait..."soldmystang"...you're one of those guys.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 257
cravin is on a distinguished road
Hey Hey Hey, the Shelby Stang goes nice and fast. Let's not be brandist there my Westchester based friend.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 646
jeremym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravin View Post
Hey Hey Hey, the Shelby Stang goes nice and fast. Let's not be brandist there my Westchester based friend.
I just find it funny when people jump to crazy conclusions based on nothing. Maybe the guy is a cop and keeps a pistol in his glove box? Maybe he's a drug dealer and keeps a kilo of coke in his center console. Perhaps he just doesn't want to let a valet even have the chance of going through his personal stash of sun glass cleaners, chapsticks and parking meter money?

My point to soldmystang is that he needs to mind his own damn business instead of making himself look like a fool.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
soldmystang's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 675
soldmystang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym View Post
I just find it funny when people jump to crazy conclusions based on nothing. Maybe the guy is a cop and keeps a pistol in his glove box? Maybe he's a drug dealer and keeps a kilo of coke in his center console. Perhaps he just doesn't want to let a valet even have the chance of going through his personal stash of sun glass cleaners, chapsticks and parking meter money?

My point to soldmystang is that he needs to mind his own damn business instead of making himself look like a fool.
a fool by any other name might just be you my Yankee friend............

and i am fairly sure ard is probably a Republican.

but if pretentious ass-hats are none of my business then i suppose you are correct.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ny
Posts: 646
jeremym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldmystang View Post
a fool by any other name might just be you my Yankee friend............

and i am fairly sure ard is probably a Republican.

but if pretentious ass-hats are none of my business then i suppose you are correct.
Man, some of you Southerners really should pay attention in school.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 PM
soldmystang's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 675
soldmystang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym View Post
Man, some of you Southerners really should pay attention in school.
to what son?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.