Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-31-2014, 09:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 65
JamnX5 is on a distinguished road
Finally got the vehicle back today. Here is the fix (at least I'm hoping it is). Engine wiring harness (12-51-7-570-407) replaced. Puma case submitted. They also found a faulty gws. This was also replaced. I'm hoping this does it. If not, I'm going to have to look at the trade in program.

Has anyone used the BMW trade in program because they cannot fix a problem?
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #32  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 497
gregg3gs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamnX5 View Post
Finally got the vehicle back today. Here is the fix (at least I'm hoping it is). Engine wiring harness (12-51-7-570-407) replaced. Puma case submitted. They also found a faulty gws. This was also replaced. I'm hoping this does it. If not, I'm going to have to look at the trade in program.

Has anyone used the BMW trade in program because they cannot fix a problem?
I've just updated the post.
In my case it was a throttle body. I heard of two more cases like this: one was a throttle body the other was a wiring.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 65
JamnX5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the update. No more error messages as well. I think we are good on this front. Vehicle going in tomorrow for hesitation at the line. The vehicle will surge into 2nd gear. Usually occurs with heavy load (A/C on). The car seems sluggish in general. I've read several posts on this and I hope it does it when I take it in tomorrow. Maybe adaptive drive reset?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-05-2014, 11:31 PM
ART-qitec's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 103
ART-qitec is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamnX5 View Post
Thanks for the update. No more error messages as well. I think we are good on this front. Vehicle going in tomorrow for hesitation at the line. The vehicle will surge into 2nd gear. Usually occurs with heavy load (A/C on). The car seems sluggish in general. I've read several posts on this and I hope it does it when I take it in tomorrow. Maybe adaptive drive reset?
Keep me posted, same thing is happening to my e70 intermittently.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 65
JamnX5 is on a distinguished road
I Just picked up vehicle. SA/shop forearm did a great job going the extra mile. They contacted PUMA regarding ZF transmission and requested assistance. They recommended a reprogram DME idle conversion...sounds good. The cars seems more responsive now. I'll keep you posted..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-09-2014, 06:13 PM
ART-qitec's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 103
ART-qitec is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamnX5 View Post
I Just picked up vehicle. SA/shop forearm did a great job going the extra mile. They contacted PUMA regarding ZF transmission and requested assistance. They recommended a reprogram DME idle conversion...sounds good. The cars seems more responsive now. I'll keep you posted..
Great, thanks for the update.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 65
JamnX5 is on a distinguished road
Update: The vehicle is driving great! The shifting characteristics are now more reminiscent when I first picked up vehicle. One thing I noticed was the mpg seemed to lower. I'll test on the highway this week. Not sure if its related to the DME reprog. Any thoughts on the mpg? Thx.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 497
gregg3gs is on a distinguished road
4.8 on highway should be hitting 18miles/gallon, but if you are pushing it and hitting 100miles/hr (I don't know anyone who does that), then I heard the mileage may be about 15.x

Average in the city should be about mid 13miles/gallon. Again, unless you drive in Drive Sport then yo can get those numbers lower.

All in all you should be getting close to 350 - 400miles/tank in on highway going an average 70 miles/hr. 250-300miles/tank driving around town with some moderate highway and traffic.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 65
JamnX5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it. I drive fairly conservatively, but we all know why we buy BMW's.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ATL
Posts: 78
EuroTra$H is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg3gs View Post
I've just updated the post.
In my case it was a throttle body. I heard of two more cases like this: one was a throttle body the other was a wiring.

Good Luck.
I am having that issue today. who did you take your x to for repair?
__________________

Black Bumpers Rock
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.