Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-23-2013, 03:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 162
grey is on a distinguished road
4.8i mysterious hose

can someone please help identify this hose which i have circled in yellow?
this is on a 2008 4.8i V8 E70, 3rd picture is just to show the location of the hose
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 268
Xtony is on a distinguished road
My 4.8 doesn't have that hose. Has any work been done under your valve covers?

On a different note, my power steering reservoir says I should use CHF something or the other fluid only and there is no green ring around the top of the reservoir. Interesting...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-23-2013, 12:04 PM
iconoclast's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: In, Out & Around...
Posts: 204
iconoclast is on a distinguished road
same here. i do not have either of those but i do not have a 2008.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-23-2013, 12:21 PM
flatlander's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 287
flatlander is on a distinguished road
That's a vent hose from the transmission. It is supposed to be put under the black plastic bmw cover. This end does not connect to anything.


Flatlander
__________________
**************************
2002 BMW X5 4.4i
Metallic Gray
**************************
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 162
grey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtony View Post
My 4.8 doesn't have that hose. Has any work been done under your valve covers?

On a different note, my power steering reservoir says I should use CHF something or the other fluid only and there is no green ring around the top of the reservoir. Interesting...
Thanks for checking guys, recently changed spark plugs, that's all
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 162
grey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
That's a vent hose from the transmission. It is supposed to be put under the black plastic bmw cover. This end does not connect to anything.


Flatlander
Thanks flatlander, that's exactly what the dealer said but they didn't have an exact car to compare with at the time I showed them. But you have also confirmed this, thanks so much. Recently spark plugs were changed. If this is supposed to be under the plastic covers then I can just put it back.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 268
Xtony is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey View Post
Thanks flatlander, that's exactly what the dealer said but they didn't have an exact car to compare with at the time I showed them. But you have also confirmed this, thanks so much. Recently spark plugs were changed. If this is supposed to be under the plastic covers then I can just put it back.
Yes, the spark plugs are located under the plastic covers, so when they replaced the plugs the hose ended up in the wrong place.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.