Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 25
dnadrifter is on a distinguished road
What is a good deal on a 2011 35d CPO?

I am looking for some pricing advice on a 2011 X5 35d CPO vehicle. They currently have the car listed at 44K. I don't think they will go below 40-41K. I am really curious to get opinions on what you all think this car is worth, since KBB and Edmunds are quite a bit different as far as estimates.

2011 X5 35d
40,000 Miles
Tech package
Premium package
Heated Seats
Multi-contour seats
Comfort access
Self-leveling suspension

KBB: Certified = 43K, Dealer = 40K
Edmunds: Certified = 39K, Dealer = 36.5K
__________________
2004 M3, Silver Grey, Blk, 6MT
2011 X5, 35d Sport Activity, Deep Sea Blue / Cinn Brown
2013 X5, 35i Sport Activity, Platinum Gray / Blk, AD
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:58 AM
TriX5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,155
TriX5 is on a distinguished road
I would disregard KBB. I bought my 35d in 2012 and found Edmunds a more helpful guide.

Other than that I usually try to get a sense of what the range of offers in the market is in 150 mile radius. Dealers are normally a bit more pricey but I got lucky on my last one.

Good luck on the search.
__________________
2003 4.4i black ext./black int./black headliner
2006 4.8iS Le Mans blue/cream int./black headliner, SOLD sadly...
2009 E70 35d, black ext./black int./black headliner (shipped to Europe)

Hmmmm, love those black headliners!

Other hardware:
2005 Tundra crew cab, son's DD and weekend hauler
2015 Cayenne S (wife's new DD and definitely wroooommmmm)
2016 Tundra 1794 edition crew cab, luxo hauler
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: US
Posts: 146
jspdr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnadrifter View Post
I am looking for some pricing advice on a 2011 X5 35d CPO vehicle. They currently have the car listed at 44K. I don't think they will go below 40-41K. I am really curious to get opinions on what you all think this car is worth, since KBB and Edmunds are quite a bit different as far as estimates.

2011 X5 35d
40,000 Miles
Tech package
Premium package
Heated Seats
Multi-contour seats
Comfort access
Self-leveling suspension

KBB: Certified = 43K, Dealer = 40K
Edmunds: Certified = 39K, Dealer = 36.5K
What make you think they won't go below $40k? Its all depend how much they are in it and no one knows that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 25
dnadrifter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspdr View Post
What make you think they won't go below $40k? Its all depend how much they are in it and no one knows that.
The sales agent said Friday he wouldn't take it to his manager at less than 40K. I went to see it today and it is very clean. They don't come much cleaner at 41,000 miles. Has brand new tires. No dents or scratches I can see. The sales guy thinks his manager will would come down to 40K, but based on some numbers he thinks they have about 41K in it. I know he is just a sales, guy but I trust him more than most I have dealt with.

It is missing some things I would like like rear climate control, manual rear shades, but for the most part the important stuff is there. (I have given up on finding an AD used)
__________________
2004 M3, Silver Grey, Blk, 6MT
2011 X5, 35d Sport Activity, Deep Sea Blue / Cinn Brown
2013 X5, 35i Sport Activity, Platinum Gray / Blk, AD
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: US
Posts: 146
jspdr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnadrifter View Post
The sales agent said Friday he wouldn't take it to his manager at less than 40K. I went to see it today and it is very clean. They don't come much cleaner at 41,000 miles. Has brand new tires. No dents or scratches I can see. The sales guy thinks his manager will would come down to 40K, but based on some numbers he thinks they have about 41K in it. I know he is just a sales, guy but I trust him more than most I have dealt with.

It is missing some things I would like like rear climate control, manual rear shades, but for the most part the important stuff is there. (I have given up on finding an AD used)
You have given up the most important option, at least for me. Mine has AD and active steering. I drove a 2013 loaner w/o AD and AS, very different in handling. I personally would not buy one without it. Hard to say what is a good price, whatever you are comfortable to pay with is a good price. You should come in with 38k, if your sales guy would not present your offer then make it to his manager. Dont let him know you really like it, try to find and point out something like no AD option, etc. to justify your offer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 25
dnadrifter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspdr View Post
You have given up the most important option, at least for me. Mine has AD and active steering. I drove a 2013 loaner w/o AD and AS, very different in handling. I personally would not buy one without it. Hard to say what is a good price, whatever you are comfortable to pay with is a good price. You should come in with 38k, if your sales guy would not present your offer then make it to his manager. Dont let him know you really like it, try to find and point out something like no AD option, etc. to justify your offer.
The manager knows I wanted it for under 39k. Initial correspondence was via email since it was 2 hours away and I was going to go over if they couldn't budge from 43k. The sales guy forwarded my original email where I asked how far under 39k they could get.

I have already done most of the normal negotiation tactics in letting them know what it doesn't have that I wanted and that I wished it had lower mileage. They know I think it is clean but that is pretty obvious looking at it.

The sales guy alluded to the fact that the manager wished this wasn't the one he was bringing for negotiation because they didn't have much room on this one.

Regarding AD, I know. We have AD on our 2013 and I know how great it is, especially after driving quite a few the last 3 days. Problem is I don't think I am ready to wait 6 mo for a 2011, diesel, AD, non black, gray or silver in great condition to come up. I looked for my E46 for 8 months and am glad I did, but don't feel like doing it for my DD. Without AD, it still is tighter and more responsive than the MDX, grand cherokee, Q7, etc. that I was considering. (IMO)
__________________
2004 M3, Silver Grey, Blk, 6MT
2011 X5, 35d Sport Activity, Deep Sea Blue / Cinn Brown
2013 X5, 35i Sport Activity, Platinum Gray / Blk, AD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:05 PM
motordavid's Avatar
RetiredBum & Semi-RenaissanceMan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mtns of Western NC, & SW FLA
Posts: 16,758
motordavid will become famous soon enoughmotordavid will become famous soon enough
"The sales guy alluded to the fact that the manager wished this wasn't the one he was bringing for negotiation because they didn't have much room on this one."

Car Sales Dlr pushback 101, imo.
__________________
Ol'UncleMotor
From the Home Base of Pro Bono Punditry
and 50 Cent Opins...

Our Mtn Scenes, Car Pics, and Road Trip Pics on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627297418250/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627332480833/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My X Page




Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 25
dnadrifter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
"The sales guy alluded to the fact that the manager wished this wasn't the one he was bringing for negotiation because they didn't have much room on this one."

Car Sales Dlr pushback 101, imo.
Yeah…Definitely possible. I am not dying to have the car, but it is most of what I am looking for in a harder to find color combo. If it had a few more options, I might be more tempted. We will see what happens in the next few days and if they call me back. My sense is if they really have room to move, they would probably call me within a couple days knowing that I am semi-interested.
__________________
2004 M3, Silver Grey, Blk, 6MT
2011 X5, 35d Sport Activity, Deep Sea Blue / Cinn Brown
2013 X5, 35i Sport Activity, Platinum Gray / Blk, AD
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2014, 12:50 PM
suss1173's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nassau County, NY
Posts: 39
suss1173 is on a distinguished road
For what it's worth. In NY 11's seam to be going for 40-42 for very clean D's with sport package.

What is the AD option?



Sent using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.