Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (F15) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-2014, 12:48 AM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Arrow 2015 X5 Gets Improved N55, Pkg. Price reductions, Std. Optons, etc.

Minor changes and new Model spec sheets attached.

BMW X5: Optimised 8-speed Steptronic transmission.

Several variants of the new BMW X5 available from the summer of 2014 will feature as standard an optimised 8-speed Steptronic transmission. It excels through extremely precise transmission control, outstanding internal efficiency and a remarkably high degree of shifting dynamics. The driver of a BMW X5 equipped with the 8-speed Steptronic transmission will profit from more effective acceleration and a drop in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. The BMW X5 models equipped with the optimised 8-speed Steptronic transmission will set new standards in performance and efficiency in their respective segments.
Attached Images
 
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Specifications_BMW_X5_M50d_08_2014.pdf (126.5 KB, 410 views)
File Type: pdf Specifications_BMW_X5_xDrive50i_08_2014.pdf (129.9 KB, 433 views)
File Type: pdf Specifications_BMW_X5_xDrive40d_08_2014.pdf (130.5 KB, 382 views)
File Type: pdf Specifications_BMW_X5_xDrive30d_08_2014.pdf (130.6 KB, 422 views)
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 05-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 37
Cavman is on a distinguished road
Question on 2015s

LeMans,
It is presently not possible to configure a 2014 X5 M-Sport with the Dynamic Handling package AND the 3rd row seat like it was on the 2012-2013s. However, you CAN configure a Luxury line (haven't tried X-Line) 2014 X5 with the Dynamic Handling Package AND 3rd row.

This limitation on the M-Sport has been holding me back on upgrading my 2012 M-Sport as I am a huge fan of the Active Roll Stabilization that is part of the old Adaptive Drive package and part of the current Dynamic Handling Package. However, also need the 3rd row occasionally.

My question is if you know (or have heard) if the M-Sport / 3rd Row / Dynamic Handling Package incompatibility will be solved with the 2015s.

Perhaps this is a very unique question / configuration but there have been a few other potential X5 buyers/posters who have also come up against the no 3rd row with the M-Sport and Dynamic Handling package and have expressed their frustration.

Any news would be appreciated.

Thanks for all of your terrific posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Edge647's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 235
Edge647 is on a distinguished road
Nice.

Will the 40d and M50d engines be coming to North America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansX5 View Post
Minor changes and new Model spec sheets attached.

BMW X5: Optimised 8-speed Steptronic transmission.

Several variants of the new BMW X5 available from the summer of 2014 will feature as standard an optimised 8-speed Steptronic transmission. It excels through extremely precise transmission control, outstanding internal efficiency and a remarkably high degree of shifting dynamics. The driver of a BMW X5 equipped with the 8-speed Steptronic transmission will profit from more effective acceleration and a drop in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. The BMW X5 models equipped with the optimised 8-speed Steptronic transmission will set new standards in performance and efficiency in their respective segments.
__________________
2010 35d - Black Sapphire | Black Nevada | Prem | Tech | Running Boards | Anthracite Roof Liner | 35% Pinnacle Tint | LUX H8 V3's | 18's (Style 210) for Winter | 20's (Style 214) with Vredesteins for EVERYTHING ELSE!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
LeMans,
It is presently not possible to configure a 2014 X5 M-Sport with the Dynamic Handling package AND the 3rd row seat like it was on the 2012-2013s. However, you CAN configure a Luxury line (haven't tried X-Line) 2014 X5 with the Dynamic Handling Package AND 3rd row.

This limitation on the M-Sport has been holding me back on upgrading my 2012 M-Sport as I am a huge fan of the Active Roll Stabilization that is part of the old Adaptive Drive package and part of the current Dynamic Handling Package. However, also need the 3rd row occasionally.

My question is if you know (or have heard) if the M-Sport / 3rd Row / Dynamic Handling Package incompatibility will be solved with the 2015s.

Perhaps this is a very unique question / configuration but there have been a few other potential X5 buyers/posters who have also come up against the no 3rd row with the M-Sport and Dynamic Handling package and have expressed their frustration.

Any news would be appreciated.

Thanks for all of your terrific posts.
I have not heard of any of those changes in 2015.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2014, 12:06 AM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge647 View Post
Nice.

Will the 40d and M50d engines be coming to North America?
Homologation of diesel engines in US is expensive and I doubt BMW will bring any new diesel engines, unless they strongly believe that they will be able to sell them in big quantities.

I have heard of rumors that "another diesel engine will be coming to US and it maybe of performance nature".
BMW can use the M50d and its future iterations for X5, X6, 5-series, 6 series and the future X7. So there is market.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Arrow 2015 X5 Gets Improved N55, Price reductions, Std. Optons, etc.

Official BMW USA Press Release today on changes to 2015 models including X5

2015 BMW X5 SAV
Technical and design updates
--Technical update for the 8-speed automatic transmission leading to better efficiency and faster acceleration:


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-20-2014, 07:31 PM
BMWOO7's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 120
BMWOO7 is on a distinguished road
Nice!

Thank you for the update. Exactly what I was expecting and waiting for with the 2015's (I knew they'd have a few 'updates' that they would make after the 2014's were put through the paces for a year).

Thank you!
__________________
2015 BMW 650IX M SPORT
2013 BMW X5 PREMIUM
2013 FORD SVT RAPTOR
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.