Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Bluetooth
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2006, 05:32 PM
X5 Sport's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London UK
Posts: 689
X5 Sport is on a distinguished road
New Snap in adapters coming soon ! I think or a new list of compatable phones

I have found this link from another BMW site is in German so maybe one of our german speakers can translate? looks very promising though

http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/pro...ble_handys.pdf
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 02-21-2006, 02:24 AM
Kewl X5's Avatar
Chairman/Moderator/Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5 World
Posts: 4,000
Kewl X5 is on a distinguished road
Looks like a new snap in for the RAZR V3 is coming out soon according to this PDF file.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2006, 02:10 AM
benathon's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,174
benathon is on a distinguished road
One for the SE K750!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2006, 07:49 AM
UCrewX5's Avatar
co-founder
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hockeytown, USA
Posts: 9,737
UCrewX5 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl X5
Looks like a new snap in for the RAZR V3 is coming out soon according to this PDF file.
If my German translation skills are up to par, I don't think that it's saying that a V3 snap in is coming. It only references that the V3 will work with the system. The only Motorola BT adaptors are for the V635/V600 series phones
__________________

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 69
Technic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCrewX5
If my German translation skills are up to par, I don't think that it's saying that a V3 snap in is coming. It only references that the V3 will work with the system. The only Motorola BT adaptors are for the V635/V600 series phones
You are correct...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Kewl X5's Avatar
Chairman/Moderator/Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5 World
Posts: 4,000
Kewl X5 is on a distinguished road
I stand corrected! Darn, the Motorola RAZR V3 has been Motorola's MOST popular phone and BMW DOES NOT make a snap-in cradle for it? The RAZR phone has saved the Motorola company. Typical BMW logic....

If they made a snap-in for the V3 RAZR, I think it would sell well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2006, 04:20 PM
benathon's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,174
benathon is on a distinguished road
It would, but with the plug being on the side and the phone being rather wide compared to others; I don't know if it would fit. I have to go check on that later. I wish they had one for my SE K750.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2006, 05:44 PM
X5Jay's Avatar
Pre-fookin'-mia-memba!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm Back!
Posts: 3,775
X5Jay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl X5
I stand corrected! Darn, the Motorola RAZR V3 has been Motorola's MOST popular phone and BMW DOES NOT make a snap-in cradle for it? The RAZR phone has saved the Motorola company. Typical BMW logic....

If they made a snap-in for the V3 RAZR, I think it would sell well.
I think it could be done if they wanted it to be done.
__________________
'08 335i Coupe - Barbera Red / Saddle Leather / Light Poplar Wood / 6spd Manual
Options: Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, Active Steering (awesome!), Power Rear Shade, IPod Adapter, Navigation w/IDrive
Mods: M6 Wheels, Split Armrest, M-Steering Wheel, Euro Light Switch w/Rear Fog Lights, Short Shift Knob w/Matching E-Brake Handle, Clear Reflectors, CDV, Clear Bra

Retired:'04 X5 4.4i
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 289
ambishop is on a distinguished road
I am not sure that I agree. If you look at page 6 of the document

Phone V3

Phone software version tested
0E.40.3CR

Bluetooth system tested
starting from 03/05

Phonebook transfer
YES

Snap in adapter Availibility
YES starting from Summer 2006

Notes
The operation is similar to Motorola V600.

read the last sentance

The following table, indicates a Snap in adapter is offered, providing vehicle-safe locking, with loading of the mobile phone book and the connection of an antenna.

Martin
www.bimmernav.com

Last edited by ambishop; 02-23-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 69
Technic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambishop
I am not sure that I agree. If you look at page 6 of the document

Phone V3

Phone software version tested
0E.40.3CR

Bluetooth system tested
starting from 03/05

Phonebook transfer
YES

Snap in adapter Availibility
YES starting from Summer 2006


Notes
The operation is similar to Motorola V600.

read the last sentance

The following table, indicates a Snap in adapter is offered, providing vehicle-safe locking, with loading of the mobile telephone and the connection of an antenna.

Martin
www.bimmernav.com
I stand corrected...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.