Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Bluetooth
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-17-2005, 05:35 AM
Kewl X5's Avatar
Chairman/Moderator/Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5 World
Posts: 4,000
Kewl X5 is on a distinguished road
Whistle Retrofitting BT/Assist Module in '04 M3

Apparently, the V710 phone with the new 1.40OR firmware works perfectly with the 2005 BMW with the BT/Assist module (part # ends in -993). So I am trying to retrofit the BT/Assist module in my '04 M3 which I ordered without BMW ASSIST because I knew I wanted to add a Bluetooth module in the future.

Wassy retrofitted his 2004 X5 with the 2005 BT/Assist module. The BT/Assist module is made by Motorola and DOES NOT have the voice reg system built-in. However, you DO NOT need to install a pairing button anymore.

The 54-pin plug plugs right into the BT/Assist module and I attached the white FARKA cable. My SES plug already had a terminator on it.

In the E46, the Bluetooth antenna is at the rear of the center console. Mic is in the same place as the E53 (right by the sunroof switch).

So far so good, the NAV system does shows "Telephone" in the menu. Of course, Assist doesn't work because I don't have the BMW ASSIST shark fin-antenna.

I will get the dealer to "code" the new BT/Assist module to activate the Bluetooth portion of the module. Right now, the module does not "pair" with my V710.

I really don't care about BMW ASSIST. In fact, is there a way to deactivate BMW Assist on this BT/Assist combo module?

I will keep everyone updated...
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 03-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Kewl X5's Avatar
Chairman/Moderator/Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5 World
Posts: 4,000
Kewl X5 is on a distinguished road
Smile

UPDATE:

I got the '05 BT/Assist module (-993) coded at Crevier and now the BT/Assist module works. The V710 with 1.40 OR firmware pairs up and also transferred the phone book in the '04 M3.

Everything works as advertised. The clarity of the handsfree system is awesome. The caller ID shows up on the NAV screen, phone book shows up with R/T button or via Telephone menu, etc., etc.

PM me if want more info.

Now, the next step is to see if I can retrofit the BT/Assist module in the 2001 X5 (I think someone tried and coding may have been the issue). If not, then I'll retrofit the -522 ULF in the '01 X5.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl X5
Apparently, the V710 phone with the new 1.40OR firmware works perfectly with the 2005 BMW with the BT/Assist module (part # ends in -993). So I am trying to retrofit the BT/Assist module in my '04 M3 which I ordered without BMW ASSIST because I knew I wanted to add a Bluetooth module in the future.

Wassy retrofitted his 2004 X5 with the 2005 BT/Assist module. The BT/Assist module is made by Motorola and DOES NOT have the voice reg system built-in. However, you DO NOT need to install a pairing button anymore.

The 54-pin plug plugs right into the BT/Assist module and I attached the white FARKA cable. My SES plug already had a terminator on it.

In the E46, the Bluetooth antenna is at the rear of the center console. Mic is in the same place as the E53 (right by the sunroof switch).

So far so good, the NAV system does shows "Telephone" in the menu. Of course, Assist doesn't work because I don't have the BMW ASSIST shark fin-antenna.

I will get the dealer to "code" the new BT/Assist module to activate the Bluetooth portion of the module. Right now, the module does not "pair" with my V710.

I really don't care about BMW ASSIST. In fact, is there a way to deactivate BMW Assist on this BT/Assist combo module?

I will keep everyone updated...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2005, 09:07 AM
UCrewX5's Avatar
co-founder
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hockeytown, USA
Posts: 9,738
UCrewX5 has disabled reputation
Nice work, Charles. Glad to hear the M3 is now BT enabled, now let's get the X up to speed
__________________

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2005, 10:26 AM
SPAMMER
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 114
TripleX5 is on a distinguished road
Excellent Charles. Glad to see things are up to par and working fine.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Kewl X5's Avatar
Chairman/Moderator/Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5 World
Posts: 4,000
Kewl X5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCrewX5
Nice work, Charles. Glad to hear the M3 is now BT enabled, now let's get the X up to speed

Jeff, I agree....time to retofit the 2001 X5 with Bluetooth! And maybe more stuff for the M3?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Kewl X5's Avatar
Chairman/Moderator/Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5 World
Posts: 4,000
Kewl X5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks. So, since you work for Verizon, I also assume you have the V710. You can do the same with your X5. PM if you need more info.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleX5
Excellent Charles. Glad to see things are up to par and working fine.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2005, 07:13 PM
benathon's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,174
benathon is on a distinguished road
Hi,
Do you have a price on this part? I have a 2004 with assist. I want the bluetooth feature. What else do I need?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-28-2005, 07:23 PM
UCrewX5's Avatar
co-founder
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hockeytown, USA
Posts: 9,738
UCrewX5 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by benathon
Hi,
Do you have a price on this part? I have a 2004 with assist. I want the bluetooth feature. What else do I need?
Check post number 32 in this thread - http://www.xoutpost.com/showthread.php?t=536

If you want to keep Assist then you need to have a build date between 3/04 and 10/04.

See http://www.xoutpost.com/bluetooth.htm for examples and information on retrofitting Bluetooth into 2004's with Assist.
__________________

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.