Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Off-topic > The Lounge
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:52 AM
noncom23's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Big D
Posts: 6,521
noncom23 is on a distinguished road
"The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes." -- Thomas Paine
__________________
Mike F
Current: 2017 Grand Cherokee HEMI
2017 Kawasaki ZX-14r
2017 Harley RG Ultra
2017 Harley Fatboy S
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #142  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 PM
JCL's Avatar
JCL JCL is offline
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11,853
JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound View Post
If the President hadn't pulled those kids on stage for his press conference, then I would agree with you.

The minute he did, he made the NRA ad reasonable.

If the President doesn't like the exploitation of children, he should refrain from doing it.
Fair enough, I see your point. For my part, it wasn't the children I was referring to in my comment about the attempt to change the subject, it was the reference to Obama's children. I saw both sides using children in the debate, I just didn't see the president's children as being relevant. If all children deserve armed guards in their schools, then I guess they all deserve to live in the White House as well.
__________________
2007 X3 3.0si, 6 MT, Premium, White

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM
rebound's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: You don't rate to know
Posts: 2,296
rebound is on a distinguished road
Since you're Canadian, I'll ask. What's your take on the recent end to Canada's long-gun registry?

Apparently the RCMP couldn't justify its expense in relation to stopping murders?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
__________________
2010 528Xi
I demand justice.
Or, if there must be injustice, let it be in my favor.

Reynold's Wrap: it's not just for hats anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273
You have to get over the whole 9/11 thing buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 749
lakai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondboinsd View Post
I absolutely support the following:
-Tougher Back round Checks with MANDATORY training (Including most importantly those selling online AND at Gun Shows) because currently by most estimates only 60% of those purchasing a weapon are subject to a back round check making it easy to circumvent the system and purchase a weapon
What do you mean by tougher background checks? Are the background checks now insufficient ? Please explain the current background check process and details as well as well as how they could be improved.

Mandatory Training ? What do you mean by that ? firearms training like in the military ? Mandatory training to teach someone how to kill people?

You can not buy a firearm online and have it sent to your door in any state nor do I know of any legitimate firearms dealer do that from what I understand with an exception to specific guns that are on the C&R list (Guns and to C&R License holders.

Some examples of C&R firearms are most manually-operated and semi-automatic firearms used by a military force prior to 1946. This includes most firearms (other than automatic weapons) used by the warring nations in World Wars I and II.

All fully automatic weapons require very strict to get Federal Licenses which require a Police Chief to fill out a form and return to the ATF and already banned completely in some states like mine. Even if you could get a license , you are talking about guns that cost in the range starting $10,000+ USD. The price and Permit process alone is a deterent for 95% of people from owning them legaly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondboinsd View Post
-Expanded State Reporting to create improved communication between states
-The creation (and strict enforcement) of a "prohibited individuals list" which bans people for various reasons (prior Felon with weapons charges, mentally ill etc.) from owning any gun in any state for any reason
What do you want reported ?? Do you want all firearms owners pictures and and information to be published publicly like a sex offenders list or like how that one newspaper on the east coast did that published the names and addresses of every gun owner on their website by obtaining the info via FOIA? Thus treating every owner of a firearm as if they were a criminal??

As I Understand it, you can not purchase a firearm legally, at least in my state (CA) if you have been convicted of a felony. The already MANDATORY background check in California already checks for criminal history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondboinsd View Post
-The Complete banning of Assault Weapons and High Capacity Magazines because they really have absolutely no relevance in today's modernized society
Define the term "Assault weapon". Any weapon used for the purpose of assaulting another person ?? I want to know what you want to ban completely and specifically that isn't banned already.

How many rounds of ammunition define "High Capacity" ?? Here in California all firearm magazines are limited to 10 bullets.

I am not a very political person I am not a criminal I have a family. I also have guns. I have guns because I enjoy having them. I don't hunt with them I just shoot at paper targets. I don't "need" a gun to protect my family but the 2nd amendment gives me the right to have one for that purpose should I choose.

I am a responsible gun owner. Safety is always the priority, my kids aren't allowed to handle , touch, my guns and never even seen them. They are locked up in the safe, unloaded and out of their reach.

Please answer my questions if you can. I am all for anything that will guarentee the the safety of my family and things like the recent shooting from happening again. Even if I have to give up my rights and my guns. I just need to understand how your proposals that are not already by law will stop a tragedy like ct from happening EVER again.




Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 AM
JCL's Avatar
JCL JCL is offline
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11,853
JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound View Post
Since you're Canadian, I'll ask. What's your take on the recent end to Canada's long-gun registry?

Apparently the RCMP couldn't justify its expense in relation to stopping murders?
I don't have a strong opinion. All other guns are registered (ie handguns). All gun owners are licensed. Many types of guns are restricted or prohibited. There is no concealed carry for self-defence. I'm not any type of expert, so I stand to be corrected on those details.

Against that backdrop, I do think guns should be registered, but that rifles and shotguns probably aren't the biggest issue we have here. I think that the long gun registry was badly implemented, and cost too much. But the police (including the RCMP) did support it. Cancelling the long gun registry ended up being purely a political decision, IMO.
__________________
2007 X3 3.0si, 6 MT, Premium, White

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue

Last edited by JCL; 01-19-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
xsx450's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Carlos
Posts: 194
xsx450 is on a distinguished road
I swear to god some of you guys live in fooking LA LA Land!

Just because you lived a sheltered life where mommy and daddy kept you safe from the harsh realities of the world and the united states did such a good job of making you feel safe for YOUR entire life you are ignorant to the world we live in?

I realize many and most of you are highly educated or god damn lucky because of how well off you seem to be. READ A FOOKING HISTORY BOOK.

You are pathetic if you think guns are not needed to protect people, just because you think "it won't happen to me". You all sound like the blind leading the blind. What happens when someone does threaten to hurt your loved ones and your sitting there with your dick in your hand because "In this day in age we dont need guns" WOW. Do you really think criminals don't have them ILLEGALLY. Do you really think any amount of regulation will change that??? What a joke.

What happens when we all bend over and hand over our guns to the government. Do we just do whatever they say? Do we just submit to their every demand? Some of you would like, no LOVE, that.

Look at how this country was MADE! Jesus you guys are as unamerican as can be. If you want to live in a country without guns, THEN GO. No shit their gun crime rates are lower. WHY DON'T YOU OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT THE OTHER STATISTICS LIKE VIOLENT CRIME WITHOUT GUNS??? Does anyone know why we left for the new world?



What a joke telling us all about your multimillion dollar gated community. GOOD FOR YOU, you are safe, and you do not need a gun. But when the guy that doesn't have all of that see's you and comes into your house to take what you have without a care in the world for human life, your not going to even get to look like an idiot. Your going to be dead laying in your families arms.

Wake up people. All of the unrest in the world could just as easily happen in the US at ANY TIME. what do you think would happen if the banks closed, gas stations closed, and food sold out at the super market? WE WOULDNT ALL HOLD HANDS. Just because the US hasn't had a major crisis in quite a while does not allow us to all live with our head up our ass in LA LA Land. I swear to god some of you are a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
TerminatorX5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stafford, VA & Harrisburg, PA - USA
Posts: 5,735
TerminatorX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsx450 View Post

What happens when we all bend over and hand over our guns to the government. Do we just do whatever they say? Do we just submit to their every demand?

I guess it is safe to assume that you are a US citizen... Do you pay taxes? Do you have a driver's license? if you hunt, do you have a hunting license/permit? do you use the currency sanctioned by this government? Do you buy FDA approved medicine? USDA approved/certified meat? if you travel abroad, do you use US passport? do you call cops for a police report when filing an insurance claim?
if you answered YES to at least one of the questions (there are many similar questions that can be asked), YOU are submitting to "their" every demand... and since you are probably a gun owner, you are also ready to take on the tyrannical government that we have - as the 2nd amendment says NOTHING about protecting your home from a criminal, it only talks about bearing arms in the state regulated militia...

Which is clear violation of 18 USC 2385, the US criminal code...

what you are proposing, is ANARCHY, when the stores are out of supplies, you are suggesting people with arms taking care for themselves, effectively leaving out the weak and disabled, like little kids, elderly... I want to eat, just like anyone else, but i will not take last piece of meal from the mouth of pregnant woman, just because i have a gun... i have dignity... i am a human being... i am a civilized person, i did not just step out the woods... i'd rather die as a lion, from hunger, than live as a jackal...

really, you should read the history books, not written by the NRA - the 2nd amendment, written in 1791... I hope you know what was going on at the time, and WHY that amendment was written... i hope the name Roberspier rings a bell, as well as Bonaparte... And why the forefathers were so worried about the tyrrany... not about the criminals in your bedroom... not about empty shelves in the local 7-eleven... My little boy had super hard time letting go of his pacifier - but it would be looking ridiculous on 9 year old's face... same, the 2nd amendment has no real life bearings on 200+ year old democracy and looks at least, out of place on this pillar of the world's democracy - we are adamantly against prolifiration of weapons abroad, as it DECREASES the overall security but somehow, prolifiration of weapons domestically - increases it?...

and assuming that we were all sheltered and ended up on this forum is a serious mistake - not everyone here had a luxury of being born in the rich, spoiled America - some of us came here for the freedom... If i hear you say, "then go back to your country", it really would answer many questions about your mental state, and add one more reason why folks like you should not have guns.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
xsx450's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Carlos
Posts: 194
xsx450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorX5 View Post
I guess it is safe to assume that you are a US citizen... Do you pay taxes? Do you have a driver's license? if you hunt, do you have a hunting license/permit? do you use the currency sanctioned by this government? Do you buy FDA approved medicine? USDA approved/certified meat? if you travel abroad, do you use US passport? do you call cops for a police report when filing an insurance claim?
if you answered YES to at least one of the questions (there are many similar questions that can be asked), YOU are submitting to "their" every demand... and since you are probably a gun owner, you are also ready to take on the tyrannical government that we have - as the 2nd amendment says NOTHING about protecting your home from a criminal, it only talks about bearing arms in the state regulated militia...
I do pay taxes, I do have a drivers license, and I do follow the US Laws because I believe and support this country. However when this country decides to push me over the line that will all change. There are plenty of things that I don't do/support because I do not submit to their every demand. I vote, and write my elected officials.

"District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia[1][2] and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home within many longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession listed by the Court as being consistent with the Second Amendment.[3] In McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment limits state and local governments to the same extent that it limits the federal government"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorX5 View Post
Which is clear violation of 18 USC 2385, the US criminal code...

what you are proposing, is ANARCHY, when the stores are out of supplies, you are suggesting people with arms taking care for themselves, effectively leaving out the weak and disabled, like little kids, elderly... I want to eat, just like anyone else, but i will not take last piece of meal from the mouth of pregnant woman, just because i have a gun... i have dignity... i am a human being... i am a civilized person, i did not just step out the woods... i'd rather die as a lion, from hunger, than live as a jackal...
When that pregnant women is your wife and that jackal is armed what do you plan to do? defend against him with pride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorX5 View Post
If i hear you say, "then go back to your country", it really would answer many questions about your mental state, and add one more reason why folks like you should not have guns.
I welcome you to our country as it is what this country is built on. I welcome you with open arms. But do not mistake my strong opinion for this issue as an attack on yours. Do not mistake my understanding for the need to protect one self as a means to do harm, or steal from a pregnant lady's mouth. Come on.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
TerminatorX5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stafford, VA & Harrisburg, PA - USA
Posts: 5,735
TerminatorX5 is on a distinguished road
you are referring to the 2nd amendment, and then fallback on to court interpretations of the original texts... it is like barnicles on the ship's hull, or preacher's take of the holy text... the way i read the ORIGINAL wording by THE forefathers is one way, the way it was politically influenced at a given time by an elected or an appointed official that HAS NO vision same of the forfathers - is a different thing...

Jesus came and went, and he said one thing... his words were repeated and CHANGED so many times, that how do you know WHICH christians are following his original words? and which ones are falling victims of the political agenda of the religious leaders at the time? the catholics? the orthodox? the baptists? the lutherans? the adventists? but the beginning was the same!!! it goes with the amendments - the forefathers meant one thing.. it was interpreted the other way...

no matter what this government does to you, you will NOT revolt...

I prefer to think that I live in a HUMAN civilization, and not in the jungle - because if what you are saying is true, than my childhood propaganda about America was RIGHT... and I don't want THE America that was painted for me back then... that America is SCARY!!!
go ahead, ask me where i grew up...
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
noncom23's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Big D
Posts: 6,521
noncom23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorX5 View Post

really, you should read the history books, not written by the NRA - the 2nd amendment, written in 1791... I hope you know what was going on at the time, and WHY that amendment was written... i hope the name Roberspier rings a bell, as well as Bonaparte... And why the forefathers were so worried about the tyrrany... not about the criminals in your bedroom... not about empty shelves in the local 7-eleven... My little boy had super hard time letting go of his pacifier - but it would be looking ridiculous on 9 year old's face... same, the 2nd amendment has no real life bearings on 200+ year old democracy and looks at least, out of place on this pillar of the world's democracy - we are adamantly against prolifiration of weapons abroad, as it DECREASES the overall security but somehow, prolifiration of weapons domestically - increases it?...
and assuming that we were a
Tx,
The reason you can piss on the Constitution
on this forum is a result of the original revolution
and the Constitution itself. But you refuse to see
it as such. You could appreciate the history of our
country instead of taking it for granted in your
ill-educated statements .

You step on the very same document that
gives the you right to do so. Make any sense? No.
Thats why your argument is ridiculous. Maybe
you should leave if you hate the US that much.

Either way, that document and the people
who wrote it had far more foresight than you
know. They even predicted people would
come here, take the freedom, and
crap on it like you just did.

Congratulations! You proved our point.
The US Constitution lives on. By the way, the US
is a Republic, not a Democracy.
__________________
Mike F
Current: 2017 Grand Cherokee HEMI
2017 Kawasaki ZX-14r
2017 Harley RG Ultra
2017 Harley Fatboy S
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.