Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Off-topic > Politics Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-06-2010, 04:40 PM
nom3rcy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 860
nom3rcy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
I have good friends that are bartenders and I was at the bar last night... at least 3 times when I was there a few Mexicans walked in (and I call them Mexicans because they are illegals, not citizens of this country) and just started speaking spanish to her. She said two drink minimum, got back random spanish. Asked for ID's got back random spanish. Then she handed them a laminated sign just like the one posted on the front door that states those same two things in spanish... they kinda got argumentative in spanish vs at least produce an ID. At that point the manager had to yet again go outside and flag over the cop that works detail in that area to remove them. But do you think the current politics lets the policeman arrest them and turn them over? The answer is no... He said his hands are tied and unless they are involved in a crime he isn't allowed to do anything.

Why again is the Federal government actively stopping Federal laws from being enforced?
Like being here illegally? Wow
__________________
12 X5 M - 06 X5 4.8iS - 03 X5 4.4i - 03 M5 - 02 X5 4.6is - 99 M3 Dinan S3 - 98 M3 - 92 850i-6 - 92 850i - 91 325ix - 89 M3 2.5 - and a few parts cars
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #42  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Meiac09's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,227
Meiac09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nom3rcy View Post
Like being here illegally? Wow
I was in the UK several years back and everyone was up in arms about carrying a national ID card. Now everyone does without complaint. Once all of our DL's get renewed, they will have verified citizenship on them, and then its very simple. If you're involved in a disturbance, check ID. If bogus, theres a van back to Mexico.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:55 PM
FSETH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 5,303
FSETH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiac09 View Post
I was in the UK several years back and everyone was up in arms about carrying a national ID card. Now everyone does without complaint. Once all of our DL's get renewed, they will have verified citizenship on them, and then its very simple. If you're involved in a disturbance, check ID. If bogus, theres a van back to Mexico.
I agree with you and I would be willing to show my ID, but you do remember what happened when Henry Gates was asked to show ID, right? Even something as small as asking to see someone's ID can turn into a whole big mess. Well, in this country that is.
__________________
Profeshenal spellar

Last edited by FSETH; 06-07-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Meiac09's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,227
Meiac09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSETH View Post
I agree with you and I would be willing to show my ID, but you do remember what happened when Henry Gates was asked to show ID, right? Even something as small as asking to see someone's ID can turn into a whole big mess. Well, in this country that is.
I think I'm going to start crying racism next time I get stopped by a cop since they're only going after white people these days. I can't even write about the kind of crap that I observe every day without someone coming on here crying racism against me.

Don't worry the Arabs freak out in France if you ask them for ID, too. Thats why the police don't do anything when they light 18,000 cars on fire in a night. At least Gates was a US Citizen. Absolutely disgusting and embarrassing.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
FSETH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 5,303
FSETH is on a distinguished road
I thought of this thread today. I was driving all over the place for work and decided to stop at a Wendy's for a quick lunch. The worker took my order in English (obviously) and then went on to have a long conversation with about three other coworkers strictly in Spanish. Not exactly quitely either. I had to laugh to myself.
__________________
Profeshenal spellar
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Meiac09's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,227
Meiac09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSETH View Post
I thought of this thread today. I was driving all over the place for work and decided to stop at a Wendy's for a quick lunch. The worker took my order in English (obviously) and then went on to have a long conversation with about three other coworkers strictly in Spanish. Not exactly quitely either. I had to laugh to myself.
Thats when I put on the thickest fake accent I can and say "Bless your heart" and leave.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Dannyell's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hinckley OH: America de Nord
Posts: 1,347
Dannyell is on a distinguished road
so...this is how u act when someone speaks another language around u?? lmao
__________________
01 4.4


P5 card hacked
'our curr€ncy, your problem'
Bavarian Motor Wrong
:
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-09-2010, 01:49 AM
m5james's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kirkland, WA to Alexandria, VA - Now in Marysville, WA
Posts: 4,001
m5james is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSETH View Post
I thought of this thread today. I was driving all over the place for work and decided to stop at a Wendy's for a quick lunch. The worker took my order in English (obviously) and then went on to have a long conversation with about three other coworkers strictly in Spanish. Not exactly quitely either. I had to laugh to myself.
I was driving to Seattle and thought about this thread when I was watching Fast and Furious 4 where the guy got send to Japan. Funny thing is, he had to learn their native language in the class room, yet most spoke English everywhere else. I don't know what percentage of people in the US know Spanish as a second language, but I sure as hell don't...I took German. Even though we don't say the national anthem anymore because all the (other religion) freaks bitched and moaned (I'm an athiest, so I didn't care either way), at least English is still taught in our schools and other languages are elective. I'm waiting for the day that Spanish will be just as required in our schools as more important things like, ohhh...math
__________________

650hp 10 X5///M - Stage 2, Vibrant 1794's , gutted cats, custom intake, AC Forged 22's
325hp 98 BMW 740iL - ///M5 6spd, www.bavengine.com w/ Performance Option, electric fan, CF intake tube w/ heatshield, Mag 14816 w/ notched bumper, Bilstein/H&R Stage II/Powerflex

600+hp 02 Harley F150 - MHP900 Stage 3 engine, KB2.3, 8# lower, 60# inj, Walbro FP's

135hp 01 TL1000R - M4 full exhaust, K&N, Yosh box, -1/+2 gears, 2CT's
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-09-2010, 01:56 AM
m5james's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kirkland, WA to Alexandria, VA - Now in Marysville, WA
Posts: 4,001
m5james is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiac09 View Post
I think I'm going to start crying racism next time I get stopped by a cop since they're only going after white people these days.
Between affirmative action, equal opportunity for women, lowered standards, ladies night, united negro college fund, etc, etc...I wish I could pout and get something for less or nothing, just because. Maybe I should change my name How Are the Names 'James' and 'Diego' Related? and see what kinds of doors will open up for me
__________________

650hp 10 X5///M - Stage 2, Vibrant 1794's , gutted cats, custom intake, AC Forged 22's
325hp 98 BMW 740iL - ///M5 6spd, www.bavengine.com w/ Performance Option, electric fan, CF intake tube w/ heatshield, Mag 14816 w/ notched bumper, Bilstein/H&R Stage II/Powerflex

600+hp 02 Harley F150 - MHP900 Stage 3 engine, KB2.3, 8# lower, 60# inj, Walbro FP's

135hp 01 TL1000R - M4 full exhaust, K&N, Yosh box, -1/+2 gears, 2CT's
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-09-2010, 03:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: seattle, wa
Posts: 65
jaybo12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I was driving to Seattle and thought about this thread when I was watching Fast and Furious 4 where the guy got send to Japan. Funny thing is, he had to learn their native language in the class room, yet most spoke English everywhere else. I don't know what percentage of people in the US know Spanish as a second language, but I sure as hell don't...I took German. Even though we don't say the national anthem anymore because all the (other religion) freaks bitched and moaned (I'm an athiest, so I didn't care either way), at least English is still taught in our schools and other languages are elective. I'm waiting for the day that Spanish will be just as required in our schools as more important things like, ohhh...math
I was part of a pilot program at my grade school in NC. We were force fed spanish from 1st grade to 6th. Perhaps my classmates and I have something to do with it not being required, yet??? And this was way back in 86 - 92, I think.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.