Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Off-topic > Politics Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
rebound's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: You don't rate to know
Posts: 2,296
rebound is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tynashracing View Post
Either stay away from me and my threads or learn to stop with the personal attacks and make it about the content.
Let's be clear - this is a public website that you don't own. You don't get to make the rules.
__________________
2010 528Xi
I demand justice.
Or, if there must be injustice, let it be in my favor.

Reynold's Wrap: it's not just for hats anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273
You have to get over the whole 9/11 thing buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #52  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 215
tynashracing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
Fine. Take out tyranny and gun control from my explanation, and substitute "they are coming for your guns" and Obama's citizenship. I don't think those are important. You say that if I cared about the constitution they would be important to me. Ergo, I don't care about the constitution. See? Same argument. Follow the logic. It isn't manipulation. I just take your arguments and illustrate the inconsistencies. I am not attacking you, just the ideas.



Yes, he sounds like a conpiracy theorist. Agreed. That was my point.



I will endeavour to focus my comments on your points and arguments and not appear to belittle you. It would be easier for me to comply with that if you cut the Alex Jones nonsense. I am not calling you delusional. Just him. Rightly or wrongly, we are known by the company we keep. If you used more neutral sources for your references, it may not feel so much like persecution.


JCL, when I wrote "BTW, those topics you mentioned are big deals...for those that care about the Constitution, tyranny, communists, gun confiscation, etc."...I didn't write that ABOUT YOU...I wrote that because those issues can be important to those that might seek out the Doug Hagmann's of the world...get it now? While you might not like his content...there are those that probably do!


I think there's a way to attack info that you disagree with while leaving out the personal jabs.
__________________
2002 4.4 Sport
134k miles and counting
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 215
tynashracing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound View Post
Let's be clear - this is a public website that you don't own. You don't get to make the rules.

No I don't make the rules. However, I think in this day and age, personal attacks can land offenders in some hot water. I don't ever want it to escalate where I feel threatened or anyone feels threatened by me.

I've asked nicely and so far, I think it's going to work out well from here on out.
__________________
2002 4.4 Sport
134k miles and counting
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 PM
JCL's Avatar
JCL JCL is offline
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11,853
JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tynashracing View Post
JCL, when I wrote "BTW, those topics you mentioned are big deals...for those that care about the Constitution, tyranny, communists, gun confiscation, etc."...I didn't write that ABOUT YOU...I wrote that because those issues can be important to those that might seek out the Doug Hagmann's of the world...get it now? While you might not like his content...there are those that probably do!
I am sure they are, but that has never been disputed. I asked why you implied that all people who care about the constitution care about those issues. You still haven't acknowledged that there are many who may care about the constitution who don't think your list of topics is important. You are trying to make it about my beliefs, which are irrelevant to this particular question. Those were illustrative examples. Substitute any name you like.

The core question was about appearing to have a lock on certain beliefs. That sounded like moral superiority.

It is like the claims that if one doesn't support a particular position, one isn't an American, or is a socialist, or is a communist.

If you followed the logic perhaps you wouldn't feel the need to bang your head against a brick wall.
__________________
2007 X3 3.0si, 6 MT, Premium, White

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 215
tynashracing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
I am sure they are, but that has never been disputed. I asked why you implied that all people who care about the constitution care about those issues. You still haven't acknowledged that there are many who may care about the constitution who don't think your list of topics is important. You are trying to make it about my beliefs, which are irrelevant to this particular question. Those were illustrative examples. Substitute any name you like.

The core question was about appearing to have a lock on certain beliefs. That sounded like moral superiority.

It is like the claims that if one doesn't support a particular position, one isn't an American, or is a socialist, or is a communist.

If you followed the logic perhaps you wouldn't feel the need to bang your head against a brick wall.


And yet this continues?
You stated the following in POST #37 " No chance of subjecting myself to an Alex Jones video, but just for laughs I went and read Hagmann's site.

"They are coming for your guns", "The plan to destroy Israel", "The Islamic Threat", "Obama's Social Security Card is a Fake", and lots of references to big government, tyranny, the constitution, coverups, more tyranny, communists, the elite, and so on.
It all sounds very familiar."

You belittled the positions on his site that you visited for "laughs" and found..."The Islamic Thread", Obama's Social Security Card is a Fake", "big Government", "tyranny", "the constitution", "coverups", "more tyranny", "communists", "the elite", "and so on". "It all sounds very familiar."

Implies crazy psycho conspiracy stuff.

Those topics are a big deal to those who care about them. I'm not implying moral high ground with the statement or anything else...just that each and every topic is a big deal to those that care about them.

If someone doesn't care about the Constitution..it's probably not a big deal to them.
If someone doesn't care about tyranny, it's probably not a big deal to them.
If someone doesn't care about Obama's social security card...it's probably not a big deal to them.
If someone doesn't care about cover ups...it's probably not a big deal to them.
If someone doesn't care about communists...it's probably not a big deal to them.
If someone doesn't care about big Govt....it's probably not a big deal to them.

Those seeking information about the topics you list as conspiracies...are nonetheless important topics to other people who may wish to make a big deal out of them.

NO JUDGEMENT FROM ME


If anyone is being judgmental or trying to appear like you're standing on moral high ground...it's you! You consistently judge what is real truth and what it conspiracy, nonsense, etc.

I have just one question for you JCL...is there ever more than one truth?
__________________
2002 4.4 Sport
134k miles and counting
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM
JCL's Avatar
JCL JCL is offline
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11,853
JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tynashracing View Post
I have just one question for you JCL...is there ever more than one truth?
At the physical level, no. Obama is an American or he isn't. Your drinking water is being poisoned by fluoride or it isn't. Etc.

In logic, no. Some of your frustration above appears to originate in this area.

At the spiritual level, of course.

At the philosophical level, yes.

I think some of the amusement about Alex Jones and his ilk is how he takes facts and constructs a narrative to make it appear that there are two truths when in fact the second "truth" is dependent on accepting his artificial construct.

All IMO, and off the top of my head.
__________________
2007 X3 3.0si, 6 MT, Premium, White

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue

Last edited by JCL; 01-13-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM
JCL's Avatar
JCL JCL is offline
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11,853
JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tynashracing View Post
You belittled the positions on his site that you visited for "laughs" and found..."The Islamic Thread", Obama's Social Security Card is a Fake", "big Government", "tyranny", "the constitution", "coverups", "more tyranny", "communists", "the elite", "and so on". "It all sounds very familiar."

Implies crazy psycho conspiracy stuff.
All of those topics have some validity. Islam is a great topic. Obama. Government. The constitution. Communism. Gun control. Don't forget climate change. Fluoride. Drug companies. Cancer cures. Homosexuality. Marriage. And especially marriage between same sex partners.

But when you construct a narrative that always includes them, presented in a particular way, and without much regard for the facts, then yes, it all sounds very familiar. The narrative, that is.

I don't think I called it "crazy psycho conspiracy stuff" though, that was your phrase. But that is part of the narrative too, that there is an "us" and a "them" .
__________________
2007 X3 3.0si, 6 MT, Premium, White

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 PM
rebound's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: You don't rate to know
Posts: 2,296
rebound is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tynashracing View Post
And yet this continues?

You belittled the positions on his site that you visited for "laughs" and found..."The Islamic Thread", Obama's Social Security Card is a Fake", "big Government", "tyranny", "the constitution", "coverups", "more tyranny", "communists", "the elite", "and so on". "It all sounds very familiar."

Implies crazy psycho conspiracy stuff.

If anyone is being judgmental or trying to appear like you're standing on moral high ground...it's you! You consistently judge what is real truth and what it conspiracy, nonsense, etc.
If you get out of bed looking to be insulted, I guarantee you'll be successful.

Lighten up, Francis.
__________________
2010 528Xi
I demand justice.
Or, if there must be injustice, let it be in my favor.

Reynold's Wrap: it's not just for hats anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273
You have to get over the whole 9/11 thing buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 AM
blktoptrvl's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Various
Posts: 1,223
blktoptrvl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound View Post
Lighten up, Francis.
That's the fact jack!!!

Love that movie!
__________________
2006 X5 Sport 4.4i
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.