Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Regional Forums > UK Forum
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:08 PM
TheGodfather's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 584
TheGodfather is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONONE69 View Post
there is a few x5driver domains forsale including x5drivers.com, I know the godfather was a top hustler but c'mon man
I own that one too.
__________________
.
------Family Garage

'09 - Black - BMW X5 4.8i
'08 - Black - BMW X5 3.0si
'04 - Black - BMW X5 3.0i - SOLD

Sponsored Links

  #42  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .london
Posts: 345
DONONE69 is on a distinguished road
May aswell sell it back to them for what you paid, then everyone is happy, I can't see them making you a good offer out of principlel! Plus there is a few x5driver domains forsale including x5drivers.com,

I know the godfather was a top hustler and done whateva he had to do to make money but c'mon man,

Obviously its your call though
__________________
x5 is gone
  #43  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Wagner's Avatar
..make it happn' capn'
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mt. Airy, MD
Posts: 17,747
Wagner is on a distinguished road
So you followed a forum, watched the WHOIS and waited for domain registration to expire, then when it did, you bought the domain after the re-up time for the original owner expired. If you really gave a crap about that forum you would have found a way to make contact with someone who ran it and told them 'hey times a wastin' but you wanted to buy it and make money on it. That is fine, but don't run around expecting peeps to think it is some good thing. It isn't. You're taking advantage of a situation.

If anything you should have stayed anonymous, then you may have made a dime. As it goes now I doubt anyone is shoveling you cash for a domain when they can re-establish the whole board under a new domain and use OUR forum to pimp it

Pretty safe to say that you aren't making any money on this gig. Next time you want to whore someone, don't mention it just do it.
__________________

An unwavering defender of those I see worth protecting.

"promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare"

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

  #44  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:12 PM
TheGodfather's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 584
TheGodfather is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
So you followed a forum, watched the WHOIS and waited for domain registration to expire, then when it did, you bought the domain after the re-up time for the original owner expired. If you really gave a crap about that forum you would have found a way to make contact with someone who ran it and told them 'hey times a wastin' but you wanted to buy it and make money on it. That is fine, but don't run around expecting peeps to think it is some good thing. It isn't. You're taking advantage of a situation.

If anything you should have stayed anonymous, then you may have made a dime. As it goes now I doubt anyone is shoveling you cash for a domain when they can re-establish the whole board under a new domain and use OUR forum to pimp it

Pretty safe to say that you aren't making any money on this gig. Next time you want to whore someone, don't mention it just do it.

You are wrong.

I did no research and I followed nothing.

It was all just by chance that I checked to see if it was available after reading the first few posts of this thread.

I had no reason to hide, because at the time I was convinced the domain name was VOLUNTARILY given up, and therefore had no use to the original owner.
__________________
.
------Family Garage

'09 - Black - BMW X5 4.8i
'08 - Black - BMW X5 3.0si
'04 - Black - BMW X5 3.0i - SOLD
  #45  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:14 PM
TheGodfather's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 584
TheGodfather is on a distinguished road
Any who, I think I will now remain silent.
__________________
.
------Family Garage

'09 - Black - BMW X5 4.8i
'08 - Black - BMW X5 3.0si
'04 - Black - BMW X5 3.0i - SOLD
  #46  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:46 PM
UCrewX5's Avatar
co-founder
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hockeytown, USA
Posts: 9,738
UCrewX5 has disabled reputation
For those that have been around here for a while, you will know that our domain name used to be X5 world.com (as well as X3world.com and X6world.com). I changed the domain name over to Xoutpost.com when BMW's hired legal guns came after us for trademark infringement.

So personally I wouldn't be investing a whole lot of time and money on a domain that has "X5" as part of the name unless you have deep pockets and are up for a good legal battle with BMW. Just my 2 cents.
__________________

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships
  #47  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:49 PM
KYZRSOSE's Avatar
http://blogobabbo.blogspot.com
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 899
KYZRSOSE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCrewX5 View Post
So personally I wouldn't be investing a whole lot of time and money on a domain that has "X5" as part of the name unless you have deep pockets and are up for a good legal battle with BMW. Just my 2 cents.
very valid point.
__________________

ARRIVED
-
KYZRSOSE #4 - X5 50i - M Sport - M Perf - ...and a whole lot of goodies and coding...
GONE - KYZRSOSE #1, #2, #3
New Addition - ABEFRMAN #1, 750Li
  #48  
Old 06-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Wagner's Avatar
..make it happn' capn'
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mt. Airy, MD
Posts: 17,747
Wagner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodfather View Post
You are wrong.

I did no research and I followed nothing.

It was all just by chance that I checked to see if it was available after reading the first few posts of this thread.

I had no reason to hide, because at the time I was convinced the domain name was VOLUNTARILY given up, and therefore had no use to the original owner.
BS....


I'm sure you just happened to figure out now that you could use GoDaddy to look up the domain, and just happened to figure you'd buy it......yup..that sounds solid..because lots of popular space that people attend that was up a week ago is obviously not wanted..
__________________

An unwavering defender of those I see worth protecting.

"promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare"

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

  #49  
Old 06-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Wagner's Avatar
..make it happn' capn'
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mt. Airy, MD
Posts: 17,747
Wagner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCrewX5 View Post
For those that have been around here for a while, you will know that our domain name used to be X5 world.com (as well as X3world.com and X6world.com). I changed the domain name over to Xoutpost.com when BMW's hired legal guns came after us for trademark infringement.

So personally I wouldn't be investing a whole lot of time and money on a domain that has "X5" as part of the name unless you have deep pockets and are up for a good legal battle with BMW. Just my 2 cents.
Pretty soon they'll go after anything that has B or M or W in it
__________________

An unwavering defender of those I see worth protecting.

"promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare"

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

  #50  
Old 06-25-2010, 05:16 PM
TheGodfather's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 584
TheGodfather is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
BS....


I'm sure you just happened to figure out now that you could use GoDaddy to look up the domain, and just happened to figure you'd buy it......yup..that sounds solid..because lots of popular space that people attend that was up a week ago is obviously not wanted..
I am sorry you cannot grasp the truth in my words.

If I was actually able to practice what you outlined (following and researching) I probably would be making money doing this sort of thing.

Basically I have no idea the exact date the name expired. It could have been expired since the site went down or it could have expired the very hour I decided to check godaddy.

All I know is I was not waiting to pounce as you seem to think.

Any one with any knowledge of how the domain name marketplace works would have done the same thing.

It's a market, and I entered it legitimately with non malicious intent.

Is it the fact that I am a member of a forum like x5drivers, that you think what I have done is wrong? It makes the situation unusual, however it is no different than Billy Bob buying the domain that has nothing to do with online BMW forums.

You all seem to think these forums are not for profit .org services.

In fact if x5drivers forum was actually an entirely free and not for profit service I would give up the name. But I think that ship has sailed anyways.


I registered the domain at around 11pm on Wednesday June 23.

If I was "stalking" and preying on this domain name, then my registration would come immediately after the domain expired. I have no idea when this happened but I am very very convinced it was not close to 11pm Wednesday night.
__________________
.
------Family Garage

'09 - Black - BMW X5 4.8i
'08 - Black - BMW X5 3.0si
'04 - Black - BMW X5 3.0i - SOLD

Last edited by TheGodfather; 06-25-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.