Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: nicke
Forum: Navigation System 02-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,407
Posted By nicke
thanks for clarification. I'm fine with...

thanks for clarification.

I'm fine with English only - so long as the removed content is language based that would be fine. I'd ideally like all the POI's to still be included.

Thanks
Nick
Forum: Navigation System 01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,407
Posted By nicke
Hi, thanks for the link. Read through and...

Hi, thanks for the link.

Read through and came to the same conclusion that there's problems with the icon display.

Is the original 2010 disk 4.7gb or do the online versions have content...
Forum: Navigation System 01-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,407
Posted By nicke
2010 Maps

Hi,

I've got the Professional Nav, controlled by the iDrive. (08 E70).

The 2010 map disk has been released - I understand I need the PRO version rather than the HIGH, is this correct?
...
Forum: Navigation System 01-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,078
Posted By nicke
Again, many thanks CCFJ1 for the clear and...

Again, many thanks CCFJ1 for the clear and concise clarification for what my options are!

Cheers
Nick
Forum: Navigation System 01-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,078
Posted By nicke
Many thanks, yes, I have the iDrive system. ...

Many thanks, yes, I have the iDrive system.

What is the scope of what I can upgrade?

I assume I can use the latest map version? And don't need to defer to the dealer for this?

Is Night...
Forum: Navigation System 01-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 2,078
Posted By nicke
Beginner Nav Questions

Hi,

Apologies for the beginner nav questions. I've got a UK 08 X5 (3sd MSport).

I've got the factory fitter professional sat nav.

1. How do I tell what firmware version is installed? The...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,297
Posted By nicke
Thanks Alpha for the info on the spikes. I've...

Thanks Alpha for the info on the spikes. I've ordered the Spikes-Spider for the rears and autosocks for the front. If I more regularly am going to be driving in snow then I'll get another set of...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,297
Posted By nicke
Hi Alpha, I spoke with www.autosock.co.uk...

Hi Alpha,

I spoke with www.autosock.co.uk (http://www.autosock.co.uk) to see if they can supply for the 315/35/20" tyres and they don't do that size. Shame because given the speed at which these...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,297
Posted By nicke
I've got an apartment in the alps and 3 children...

I've got an apartment in the alps and 3 children and lots of equipment to take so this year we're driving.

Normally I'd take the train direct to Bourg-St-Maurice and then the funicular.

I...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,297
Posted By nicke
Many thanks, I'll take a look at these. ...

Many thanks, I'll take a look at these.

Somebody also highlighted these - www.autosock.co.uk (http://www.autosock.co.uk)

Does anyone have any experience of using them?

I don't think...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,297
Posted By nicke
Snow Chains and/or Winter Tyres

Hi,

I've got an 08 X70 with 20" wheels.

I'm based in the UK and will be skiing for a couple of weeks this season.

I'll ski in France (Les Arc) so need to be equipped to get up the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 24,179
Posted By nicke
Thanks for the reply Crax. I'll check into...

Thanks for the reply Crax.

I'll check into this again then. It's strange though because the device you refer to sold on Ebay looks identical to the cable that the guy tried to fit from ICD & Nav...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 05-01-2008, 03:53 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 24,179
Posted By nicke
Crax, I've tried two different cables now...

Crax,

I've tried two different cables now which don't work. The specialist at the last company said it's because I have the reversing camera.

Do you have a reversing camera installed?
...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 7,332
Posted By nicke
I find it really useful. As an earlier poster...

I find it really useful. As an earlier poster mentioned it's especially useful if you've got children - who often don't close the door properly.

I've lost count of the amount of times in previous...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-15-2008, 02:57 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 24,179
Posted By nicke
Crax, Can you tell me where you got your...

Crax,

Can you tell me where you got your cable and how much it cost pls?

(I've got someone installing a cable in the next couple of days, cost is approx £200 for the cable and fitting - and I...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 24,179
Posted By nicke
I think you're right re it being blocked. I...

I think you're right re it being blocked.

I got a call back from BMW UK today and they confirmed that the UK spec cars cannot play a DVD movie from any of the factory fitted devices (nav dvd,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-10-2008, 02:20 AM
Replies: 33
Views: 24,179
Posted By nicke
Anyone pls?

Anyone pls?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 24,179
Posted By nicke
DVD Changer in Glove Box

Hi,

I've got a UK MY2008 E70 with the professional sat/nav, TV, Rear DVD and upgraded sound.

Threads on this board and the user manual state that I should be able to play DVD's to the front...
Forum: Navigation System 04-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,716
Posted By nicke
Thanks for the link. I found a guy who...

Thanks for the link.

I found a guy who comes recommended who can apparently resource and fit the appropriate kit for the E70. I don't have any details at the moment but will speak with him today.
Forum: Navigation System 04-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,716
Posted By nicke
Thanks Jochen & Ccfj1, Yes, it's an E70...

Thanks Jochen & Ccfj1,

Yes, it's an E70 MY2008.

Damn that's a shame that I can't go the navcoder route.

Do I have any other options for enabling TV/DVD in motion?

Thanks
Nick
Forum: Navigation System 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,716
Posted By nicke
TV / Professional Nav

Hi,

Apologies for what possibly appear to be simplistic questions - I'm new to this!

I recently took delivery of an X5 3sd M Sport - it has the professional SAT Nav & TV Option. It plays...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,494
Posted By nicke
Thanks for the replies. Yes, we still...

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, we still receive analogue in the UK. I didn't realise the tuner was both analogue and digital hence my picture breakup must be happening when it can't get a digital...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,494
Posted By nicke
It's strange in that some stations I receive are...

It's strange in that some stations I receive are poor quality, e.g. fuzzy picture, bad quality picture, etc. This is more how analogue TV would work.

Is the BMW tuner both Digital and Analogue?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 04-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,494
Posted By nicke
TV & Dab Radio

Hi,

What's your experience of the TV, especially in the UK?

In some locations around Hertfordshire (Welwyn, etc.) I seem to get reasonable reception. Other places I get nothing.

Is this...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 03-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,762
Posted By nicke
Many thanks for the replies. I didn't...

Many thanks for the replies.

I didn't realise the cable served as something more than a normal USB - iPod connector - given I'm using the iPhone as my main phone and storage of music it looks...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.