Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 151
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: nrgetic99
Forum: X3 (F25) Forum 01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 6,579
Posted By nrgetic99
Removing rear bumper on 2011 F25 ?

Traffic here very slow so I am not too hopeful but I need to remove my rear bumper for tow package install.

Anyone got instructions, link to BMW manual etc ?

Thanks

David
Forum: X3 (F25) Forum 01-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 2,723
Posted By nrgetic99
UPDATE: Seems dealer had accidentally put...

UPDATE:

Seems dealer had accidentally put some straight water in reservoir. Lower portion frozen solid. I had naturally filled to brim with decent low freezing point pre-mix fluid. I did check...
Forum: X3 (F25) Forum 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 2,723
Posted By nrgetic99
11 xDrive 35i Windshield Washer not working !

Picked up my 2011 X3 xDrive 35i yesterday and drove 500 miles back home. Somewhere along the way, the windshield washers stopped working. I assumed I was out of fluid so topped up but no joy.

Had...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,740
Posted By nrgetic99
Parasitic power loss (4.8iS)

2006 4.8iS with 69k. Seems like something is draining abttery overnight. Alternator was new 6 months ago and battery about 7 months ago. Had a non delaer check of battery and charging system that...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 4,164
Posted By nrgetic99
Tell me about it. I have a very clean 06 4.8iS...

Tell me about it. I have a very clean 06 4.8iS with 67k. I have had to do Air Suspension ECU, Battery and Alternator, Expansion tank and Telemetrics Control Unit (Blue tooth module) in the last 12...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 8,198
Posted By nrgetic99
UPDATE : Pics to follow . The motor that...

UPDATE :

Pics to follow . The motor that drives the left /right adaptive part of the mechanism has a worm drive (brass) onto a plastic gear that moves the headlight.

Overview, plastic cover...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 4,975
Posted By nrgetic99
Keep me posted regarding the Red Stuff. I put new...

Keep me posted regarding the Red Stuff. I put new Zimmerman rotors and Red Stuff on my 2000 S4 and even though I stuck to break in religiously , the squeaking on braking drove me INSANE !

David
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 12,874
Posted By nrgetic99
If you are lucky its the expansion tank. Just...

If you are lucky its the expansion tank. Just replaced mine and when off, you can see clearly the leak around the seam at the top. You could not see this with tank in car, it has to be upside down to...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 1,778
Posted By nrgetic99
low fluids or pump in tranny getting weak. check...

low fluids or pump in tranny getting weak. check level
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 8,198
Posted By nrgetic99
Repairing adaptive headlight motors ?

Looks like my Adaptive issue may be the drivers side adaptive is pointing all the way to the left. Looks odd from front, not centered in housing. From what I could see, the gear mechanism/adjuster is...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 3,731
Posted By nrgetic99
Auto headlight error (LED flashing)

4.8iS 2006

I have adaptive Bi-Xenon . Had the LED on the light switch auto position flashing in the past when one light was out. Seemed to happen only when car got very, very wet such as driving...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,043
Posted By nrgetic99
James, 10 mins start to finish, Thanks ...

James, 10 mins start to finish,

Thanks

David
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,043
Posted By nrgetic99
Props to the ECS peeps. New (remanufactured) TCU...

Props to the ECS peeps. New (remanufactured) TCU installed and we were instantly back up and running with Bluetooth.

The antenna connections were in slightly different locations and lead to a...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 8,248
Posted By nrgetic99
Double check sway bar. I have had a lot of...

Double check sway bar. I have had a lot of experience with previous vehicles and sway bar bushings have driven me buts over the years. The worse was a bushing that had worn the center hole for the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 3,239
Posted By nrgetic99
I have an 06 4.8iS fully loaded and it has the...

I have an 06 4.8iS fully loaded and it has the exact same cable tucked away and taped together.

No evidence it was ever connected.

David
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,043
Posted By nrgetic99
Mine is a TCU, not a ULF. I will have to...

Mine is a TCU, not a ULF.

I will have to check compatibility.

THanks

David
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,206
Posted By nrgetic99
Cool (if you excuse pun) That is one item to...

Cool (if you excuse pun)

That is one item to check off.

Now if I could fix my dang Blue Tooth as my TCU quit today without warning.

Doh !

David
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,043
Posted By nrgetic99
Anyone tried buying a TCU recently

06 4.8iS w/67k

Driving home and notice phone is not paired. Been working flawlessly for 6 months. Mess around for an hour, read forums and try first to reset TCU with fuse, then removing big...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,206
Posted By nrgetic99
Joe, Thanks for info. That clearly shows...

Joe,

Thanks for info. That clearly shows the electronic level switch but not the internal float switch that gives the visual indication. That was my question,

Thanks

David
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,206
Posted By nrgetic99
Coolant level indicator disintegrated

2006 4.8iS with 67k.

Got a low coolant indication so went to check level. Indicator low so topped up and indicator rose once and then kinda just dissapeared back into tank.

Notwithstanding...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,864
Posted By nrgetic99
4.8iS, rough running when start/cold .

My 06 has recently started running rough when cold/warming up. Its particularly noticeable at around 1200 ro 1400 rpm which is roughly 35 to 40 mph. Feels like multiple misses.

No codes at all...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 109,461
Posted By nrgetic99
The self leveling also looks at tire pressures if...

The self leveling also looks at tire pressures if you have a tire pressure sensor. The tire pressure warning system itself is based on rotary speed of wheel as relates to road speed and not a...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Replies: 88
Views: 17,629
Posted By nrgetic99
Holy crap this is funny ! I found out 3 months...

Holy crap this is funny ! I found out 3 months after my 06 4.8iS with 55k on it rolled into the parking lot that my boss had been asked on several occasions how much I earned as " he bought that...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 6,576
Posted By nrgetic99
JCL, wierd glitch on user names. Can no longer...

JCL, wierd glitch on user names. Can no longer log in under the original, tried an alternate which stems back to when I had my 03 and it works. Odd.

I pulled an oil sample and have it worked up...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,764
Posted By nrgetic99
Rear window wiper gearbox destroyed

Really odd issue. Noticed my rear wiper hanging 4" below glass on paint. Was working fine when vehicle parked and had sat in public lot at condos for 2 days. Replaced it on glass, cycled it and it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 151

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.