Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: mdernst
Forum: X ///M Forum 01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 9,748
Posted By mdernst
You have described, in every excruciating detail,...

You have described, in every excruciating detail, exactly what I experience in my X5M. I have dismissed it up until recently as a result of having "high performance brakes" but, to tell the truth,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 3,742
Posted By mdernst
Mine did not come with headphones and I don't...

Mine did not come with headphones and I don't believe the factory supplies the headphones as part of the overpriced option in the X5.

Those that did get headphones should probably call their...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 10-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,679
Posted By mdernst
2011's are hard disk based (the map data it uses...

2011's are hard disk based (the map data it uses for it's day to day operation is stored on an internal hard disk instead of on a DVD).

If it's rebooting/restarting while you're driving then it's...
Forum: X ///M Forum 10-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Replies: 235
Views: 98,660
Posted By mdernst
FYI, I got the Engine Malfunction! Reduced...

FYI, I got the Engine Malfunction! Reduced power... yesterday when I was pulling out of my office under moderate acceleration. I did not notice any reduced power and drove it home. The message was...
Forum: X ///M Forum 09-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Replies: 132
Views: 42,236
Posted By mdernst
I have a 2011; I have not heard the whining...

I have a 2011; I have not heard the whining sound; I only have 3,900 miles on mine so maybe it will start later?
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 09-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,669
Posted By mdernst
Yes, if working properly the mirrors are heated...

Yes, if working properly the mirrors are heated in "stages". I don't remember the exact temperature/heating percentage relationship but it goes something like above 70F it's 5% of max heat applied,...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 4,212
Posted By mdernst
That's odd because it is heated in the X5M.

That's odd because it is heated in the X5M.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 12-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,755
Posted By mdernst
I got this from Home Depot - works great removing...

I got this from Home Depot - works great removing the plastic rivets:

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd334/MikeE-/RivetTool.jpg
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,433
Posted By mdernst
I agree - it is not the best design. You have to...

I agree - it is not the best design. You have to hold it for more than 1 second to unlatch the tailgate but if you hold it for more than 3 seconds you set off the panic mode on the alarm.

Mike
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,433
Posted By mdernst
How long did you push and hold the tailgate open...

How long did you push and hold the tailgate open button on the remote? If you push and hold the tailgate button for more than a couple of seconds that is also the "panic" button to set off the...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 07-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 3,257
Posted By mdernst
No, you won't lose anything. The map updates...

No, you won't lose anything. The map updates from NavTeq are identical to what you get if you purchase from BMW. They even have the same BMW part number on them.
Forum: Navigation System 09-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,381
Posted By mdernst
I believe (IIRC) that you set the date and time...

I believe (IIRC) that you set the date and time in the SETTINGS sub menu from the main menu screen. I wish there were a way to force it to get the date and time from the satellites but there isn't...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.