Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Irish M5
Forum: Navigation System 03-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 10,820
Posted By Irish M5
I'm already on the MKIV. As it is only slightly...

I'm already on the MKIV. As it is only slightly off, I can live with it. Thanks for you help and suggestions.
Forum: Navigation System 03-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 10,820
Posted By Irish M5
Never did but based on this boards responses it's...

Never did but based on this boards responses it's working as designed.

If I set the display at 400ft it's noticeable but at 800ft and further it's fine. I just live with it!

That's the trouble...
Forum: Navigation System 01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,180
Posted By Irish M5
Jochen, I have been told that the US flavor of...

Jochen, I have been told that the US flavor of 2009.1 is not dual-layer so, assuming that's true, other than dual-layer reading capabilities, any other reason to upgrade?

It's like "if it ain't...
Forum: Navigation System 01-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,180
Posted By Irish M5
Clarification on SW Levels.

I have a 2003 M5 with a MKIV running OS v28.

My Nav shows it's 4-1/80, Receiver SW Ver 1.8 and Receiver SW Date 15.11.1.

Some posts suggest v32 (4-1/100) as it may solve issues with the new...
Forum: Navigation System 11-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 10,820
Posted By Irish M5
Checked the wheel sensors and they change with...

Checked the wheel sensors and they change with speed ( + and - for forward and reverse). Also checked the gyro. Both are reacting consistent with information from KiwiJochen's posts.
Forum: Navigation System 11-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 10,820
Posted By Irish M5
Factory Nav so direct pulses. Thanks...

Factory Nav so direct pulses.

Thanks...
Forum: Navigation System 11-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 10,820
Posted By Irish M5
Jochen, many thanks for such a complete and...

Jochen, many thanks for such a complete and detailed reply.

BTW, how do you tell which wheel speed measurement signals are being used? I have a 2003 M5.

Thanks...
Forum: Navigation System 11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 10,820
Posted By Irish M5
PDOP/HDOP/VDOP and Nav Accuracy.

Nav is sometimes off by 50ft to 100ft i.e. the turn comes before the cursor reaches the turn.

I have read that poor PDOP/HDOP numbers can cause this. Here are some photos of mine on Interstate 70...
Forum: Navigation System 11-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 7,228
Posted By Irish M5
Did the OP ever get this resolved? Would like to...

Did the OP ever get this resolved? Would like to know the answer.
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.