Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
01-26-2010, 06:58 PM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 4,733
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
01-26-2010, 06:56 PM
|
|
Replies: 23
Views: 5,411
I had the exact same problem. A rebuilt tranny...
I had the exact same problem. A rebuilt tranny sorted it out. I spoke to the builders and the said that they'd check out the oil and be able to tell if an oil change would fix it. The oil was bay...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
01-19-2010, 10:36 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 4,223
It's been a long time since I mentioned my...
It's been a long time since I mentioned my issues, and have had a recon since then. Anyway, the solution to the judder was to get my gearbox reconditioned. It drives lovely now.
Just though I'd...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-06-2009, 09:30 AM
|
|
Replies: 16
Views: 2,900
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-05-2009, 12:05 PM
|
|
Replies: 16
Views: 2,900
Thankyou all for your advice.
I think that...
Thankyou all for your advice.
I think that as the garage has said that the chain has snapped, the garage must be fairly certain about this fact. I've spoken to a few mechanics and they have all...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-04-2009, 05:16 AM
|
|
Replies: 16
Views: 2,900
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
08-03-2009, 05:43 PM
|
|
Replies: 16
Views: 2,900
Engine problem/advice
Hi guys.
I've still not got round to fixing my tranny problem, but there is a more pressing issue at hand.
I was driving on the motorway last week and the engine light came on. Then the dot...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-26-2009, 05:46 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 4,223
DIYANICH, I tried to reset it as above, but it...
DIYANICH, I tried to reset it as above, but it still does it. Is this what you meant? I thought the method above reset the transmisson, not the transfer box, or is there another method to reset the...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-25-2009, 05:09 PM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 4,223
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-25-2009, 09:43 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 4,223
Hmmm. I'll have to get the car up on ramps...
Hmmm. I'll have to get the car up on ramps somehow I think. I looked underneath and found a few plugs.
I undid one large round one which unscrewed. The car then wouldn't turn over.
I undid another...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-25-2009, 09:22 AM
|
|
Replies: 8
Views: 1,313
It's something you can get at any parts store...
It's something you can get at any parts store over here. Knowing how much better your parts stores are than ours, you should find it no problems.
When you look at it, it looks like a tube of gold...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-25-2009, 06:23 AM
|
|
Replies: 8
Views: 1,313
The squealing is not normally stopped by...
The squealing is not normally stopped by anti-squeal grease. We call it 'copper slip' over here. It's a grease with copper in it. I was always told to put the copper slip between any metal surfaces...
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 4,223
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-11-2009, 05:48 AM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 4,223
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
05-10-2009, 04:30 PM
|
|
Replies: 20
Views: 4,223
I was just coming on here to ask the same...
I was just coming on here to ask the same question. I've just bought an 01 4.4i and it has a judder like you describe. I didn't notice it on the test drive though.:cool:
I would describe it as...
|
Forum: Tire, Wheel, Brake and Suspension Forum
05-08-2009, 07:27 PM
|
|
Replies: 5
Views: 2,014
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
|
|
Replies: 22
Views: 3,825
|
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum
04-18-2009, 07:25 PM
|
|
Replies: 53
Views: 34,694
Great write up, thanks. I used to work for a...
Great write up, thanks. I used to work for a major car manufacturer and would get a new car every 6 month. I had 5 exact same cars in a row and covered between 8,000 - 14,000 in each. I definitly...
|