Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: toptoy
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 07-25-2023, 07:03 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,967
Posted By toptoy
Did anyone ever work this out? I have the same...

Did anyone ever work this out? I have the same issue. Undo the 4mm Allen bolt from inside the door but the lock/barrel won’t come out.
Forum: X3 (E83) Forum 09-27-2019, 03:55 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,636
Posted By toptoy
e83 Rear Diff question

I've been searching and can find little info about the difference between rear diffs in the pre and LCI models. From what I can garner BMW went to ball bearings with plastic cages in the LCI update....
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-24-2006, 04:38 AM
Replies: 31
Views: 4,886
Posted By toptoy
Other tricks

In Australia if you press the radio button (on/off) when you have taken the keys out of the ignition the radio will come on, you can even lock the doors and it will stay on. Turn it off the same way....
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 3,480
Posted By toptoy
I had the same experience in Australia. The guy...

I had the same experience in Australia. The guy said he bought it here & moved to europe, when he got there he couldn't register it. I emailed him and asked for more pics. The ones in the ebay add...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 5,194
Posted By toptoy
Hi, Again, The story goes that he was at the...

Hi, Again,

The story goes that he was at the pub in a mining town and was celebrating the birth of his child. Left when the pub shut, and was very hammered. Drove out of town and was going along a...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Replies: 24
Views: 5,194
Posted By toptoy
My mate, where the X is at, is salesman at my...

My mate, where the X is at, is salesman at my stealer. He used to be my teacher when I was a mechanic. We had a good look at it and there is no use repairing it, the damage is MASSIVE. Nothing can be...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Replies: 24
Views: 5,194
Posted By toptoy
Unhappy The pics look trrible now I have shrunk them. In...

The pics look trrible now I have shrunk them. In the originals it was like you were standing next to it. ALtough the photos (small ones) don't show it the car is covered in gravel rash

If anyone...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Replies: 24
Views: 5,194
Posted By toptoy
Red face I will try the program in a minute. He actually...

I will try the program in a minute. He actually was thrown out through the sunroof. And when he came too the X was on its roof 30m away upside down AND STILL GOING (the 3 wheels left where turning)....
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Replies: 24
Views: 5,194
Posted By toptoy
Unhappy Poor Smashed X

Can anyone tell me how to upload photo's that are just under 500kb?

My friend has his mates black 2005 X5 diesel sport with 6k on it in his back yard after he had an accident and destroyed it. You...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,355
Posted By toptoy
Talking You didn't read my post properly. I said "starter...

You didn't read my post properly. I said "starter cable" cable blows out. Everything else will still work. I found out out the hard way when my airbag went off in my face whilst sitting in my...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-25-2005, 04:20 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,355
Posted By toptoy
Hi, Sorry to hear about your accident. When...

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your accident. When any airbags are deployed an explosive coupling on the positive battery terminal is discharged, this blows out the cable to the starter motor hence the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,813
Posted By toptoy
I was interested in doing the same but planned on...

I was interested in doing the same but planned on spacing out the rears. I if you have the wheels already why don't you try the rears on the fronts for size. If you do this could you post some...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,256
Posted By toptoy
More than likely from aircon. Air dehumidifies as...

More than likely from aircon. Air dehumidifies as it passes over the evaporater and this condensation is drained out with an exit that is roughly in the middle of the X5.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,337
Posted By toptoy
Don't bother with alloy flywheel as you already...

Don't bother with alloy flywheel as you already have a factory 'dual mass fly wheel' and have the best of boths worlds. BMW engineers sorted this issue a looong time ago.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-03-2005, 02:11 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 3,101
Posted By toptoy
I have the glasses compartment in my '02. ...

I have the glasses compartment in my '02.

From what I've been reading our X5's in Australia are higher spec'd than your equivilents.

E.g. 3.0 sport comes with running boards, 19" V spoke...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,833
Posted By toptoy
The questions I asked in the first post I made I...

The questions I asked in the first post I made I need you to do and let me know the results. I also need to know if you hear the noise when the X is stopped and in first

I'm trying to rule out...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,833
Posted By toptoy
Are you leaving it in gear when you engage the...

Are you leaving it in gear when you engage the clutch?

What happens if you put it into neutral and let the clutch out whilst rolling?

What happens if you leave it in gear and turn off the...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-19-2005, 05:35 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 13,565
Posted By toptoy
Can't believe you guys would use a lubricant...

Can't believe you guys would use a lubricant around or anywhere near a braking area! REALLY!!!!!! What happens when you use a high pressure wash to get rid of the dust, where does the grease go? Just...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 3,001
Posted By toptoy
There's a place called 'Car Shine' in Sydney...

There's a place called 'Car Shine' in Sydney Australia that has some aftermarket stuff for German cars. They list some nice wheeels for the X5.
I'd put a pic in of an awsome set but I can't seem to...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,424
Posted By toptoy
Talking Here's the address for a set of 4.8is's on ebay...

Here's the address for a set of 4.8is's on ebay in Australia. With the exchange rate they are around $750 USD at present.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-15-2005, 04:57 AM
Replies: 28
Views: 4,217
Posted By toptoy
looks like an angry/steroided X3

looks like an angry/steroided X3
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Replies: 27
Views: 7,105
Posted By toptoy
I have a 3.0 manual, and have driven both. ...

I have a 3.0 manual, and have driven both.

If you live in a large city I would go the auto, as first is quite low and you would be changing gears alot in stop/star driving. I live in a city that...
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 04-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,703
Posted By toptoy
Chris, No not as far as I know, it's listed...

Chris,

No not as far as I know, it's listed as a six speaker system, each door and two in the dash. Although there are tweater grills in the usual place on the front doors, but i dodn't know if...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,348
Posted By toptoy
Sounds weird that it only does it at idle...

Sounds weird that it only does it at idle (Bavarian). Sort of rules out plugs/ignition etc..., but I'd try plugs anyway

Use some areostart and go around all joins if you have an airflow meter from...
Forum: Mobile Electronics Forum 04-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,703
Posted By toptoy
And some more!

Sorry, I didn't read the last part of the post.

I'm in Tasmania, Australia.

Cheers Matt
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.