Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: noodlesandsam
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-25-2023, 02:25 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 726
Posted By noodlesandsam
JBE ( Junction Box Electrical seems to be like...

JBE ( Junction Box Electrical seems to be like the Body Module from the e38/39 world. up behind the glovebox area - susecptable to water from the sunroof drains. - Read up on that. I am almost...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 01-16-2023, 11:09 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,164
Posted By noodlesandsam
The Poland place is...

The Poland place is https://nagengast.pl/en/kategoria-produktu/bmw-en/bmw-x5-en/ - they have a good reputation.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 01-02-2023, 01:11 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 666
Posted By noodlesandsam
Happy New Year !

Happy New Year !
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-31-2022, 07:54 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 1,710
Posted By noodlesandsam
Ok - that seems like a brutal but solution of...

Ok - that seems like a brutal but solution of last resort. OP - drill he head off - you can use the rotor again, if you have enough meat on it. I’d rather not hit the rotor that hard, and have any...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 12-25-2022, 02:53 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 910
Posted By noodlesandsam
Really just time. Moisture got in the mechanism...

Really just time. Moisture got in the mechanism of that door. You could sit there with a hairdryer to warm it up. I would not get more involved than that in this weather.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 11-14-2022, 10:13 AM
Replies: 672
Views: 136,934
Posted By noodlesandsam
Fun times. When I was a teenager, my Dad was in...

Fun times. When I was a teenager, my Dad was in Jeddah for 6 years on a contract. some things have changed, some have not.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-16-2022, 11:19 PM
Replies: 46
Views: 4,718
Posted By noodlesandsam
I have a 2005 mini r53. It had a rusted thru...

I have a 2005 mini r53. It had a rusted thru rear brake line - I replaced it, and the Master. I used the motive pressure bleeder, and I had the car running when I bled. The rears were uneventful,...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 10-02-2022, 06:10 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 555
Posted By noodlesandsam
It’s being totaled - pull the hitch out and...

It’s being totaled - pull the hitch out and attach the bumper cover in any way. Use a 2x4 if necessary - it’s a total, not a sale.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-05-2022, 12:04 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 788
Posted By noodlesandsam
It appears that the shank is still in place. I...

It appears that the shank is still in place. I don't know how that happened. hoping that because it is a theft bolt, it is not on crazy tight. - but yes, if a large bolt extractor bit does not...
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-04-2022, 03:07 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 788
Posted By noodlesandsam
Ah, now I understand the first pic - Drill a...

Ah, now I understand the first pic - Drill a hole in that guy, and use a broken bolt extractor. that is weird.
Forum: X5 (E70) Forum 08-04-2022, 01:02 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 788
Posted By noodlesandsam
That bolt needs a key to match the cutout. it...

That bolt needs a key to match the cutout. it should be in the glovebox or toolkit.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-17-2022, 06:20 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,362
Posted By noodlesandsam
Sanding. I had good luck with the Griots Garage...

Sanding. I had good luck with the Griots Garage severe kit. Follow the directions - looks good almost a year later.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-14-2022, 06:27 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 3,112
Posted By noodlesandsam
Did this on the e38/9 world. OE / Dealer Behr is...

Did this on the e38/9 world. OE / Dealer Behr is good. Behr Service that gets sold over the parts counter is garbage. Hold any non OE in one hand, and OE in the other - the weight difference is...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 06-11-2022, 12:24 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,902
Posted By noodlesandsam
Euro e38 is not really a thing, or easy. For the...

Euro e38 is not really a thing, or easy. For the e39, the dash parts make a discrete kit. I have one set to install on my wagon. The e38 comes with a drivers side cubby / gun box, but the parts to...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-18-2022, 05:52 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,861
Posted By noodlesandsam
Mine is 'square' - Diamond shaped might be one...

Mine is 'square' - Diamond shaped might be one way to look at it. you can get them at the dealer - FCP Euro and the ECS link you had above are the same Bosch part #
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-17-2022, 03:50 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,230
Posted By noodlesandsam
That looks very close.....

That looks very close.....
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-17-2022, 10:36 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 736
Posted By noodlesandsam
Agreed, get a new part. These guys run under...

Agreed, get a new part. These guys run under pressure and hot. That Oetiker clamp from the factory is a pain, but it's a good clamp. he's not your failure. the replacement in the pic might be an...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-17-2022, 10:15 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,861
Posted By noodlesandsam
I looked at that ECS link, and compared it to the...

I looked at that ECS link, and compared it to the FCP Euro site. It is the same part #. Do you have one in hand? Mine is a square cross section ring, and fit exactly in place. Does your have a...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-17-2022, 08:58 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,861
Posted By noodlesandsam
The gasket sits in a channel molded into the...

The gasket sits in a channel molded into the casing of the alternator itself. It protrudes a little bit, and that gets wedged in between the casing, and the housing on the timing cover. I had no...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 05-16-2022, 06:29 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,861
Posted By noodlesandsam
TIS calls for Purple Locktite - the lightest...

TIS calls for Purple Locktite - the lightest duty. I did them by feel on mine ( e38 M73 - Essentially the same part ). I put a new gasket in ( $6.50 at fcpeuro ), and no other sealing agent. no...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-07-2022, 10:32 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 2,287
Posted By noodlesandsam
If the seal hack does not do it, you likely need...

If the seal hack does not do it, you likely need a body shop. For a door to be damaged enough to use a new door, it was a good hit. If you do loosen the hinge bolts, do your paint a favor, and use...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-03-2022, 07:13 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 2,287
Posted By noodlesandsam
If you have a new door, there may be other hidden...

If you have a new door, there may be other hidden issues. Check the tolerances in comparison to the passenger side front door, and look at both the A pillar, and the B pillar for any deformation. ...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 04-01-2022, 09:40 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 814
Posted By noodlesandsam
He’s done a bunch of neat shit. His contribution...

He’s done a bunch of neat shit. His contribution to the e38 forum. Fun reading.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-21-2022, 05:31 PM
Replies: 1,237
Views: 1,319,600
Posted By noodlesandsam
Look at the e38 and e39 forums on Bimmer forums...

Look at the e38 and e39 forums on Bimmer forums about Zionsville. It’s not pretty. There are issues with quality and consistency.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 03-12-2022, 02:51 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 996
Posted By noodlesandsam
Watercooled alternator - I’ve done it on a v12...

Watercooled alternator - I’ve done it on a v12 e38 - M73n. Clean all the surfaces well. I used the Bosch seal from FCPEURO. I did not use any gasket sealant. 1000 miles later, all is good. It’s...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.