Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Search Forums
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Today's Posts New Posts

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: g300d
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 09-17-2026, 08:14 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 881
Posted By g300d
Nice! Kalahari beige is a great color on...

Nice!

Kalahari beige is a great color on these trucks, I still stare when I see one.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-14-2026, 12:20 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 3,527
Posted By g300d
I tried a Nissens and it cooled adequately but it...

I tried a Nissens and it cooled adequately but it had a weird sound that the OE Calsonic did not have.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-12-2026, 08:32 PM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,202,408
Posted By g300d
No rust in sight, but the grease is just a dried...

No rust in sight, but the grease is just a dried crust at this point.

I will try to lube it up and see what happens.

And yeah, that V10 E53 is a nice homage to the X5 LeMans. Hope they lap it...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-12-2026, 07:36 AM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,202,408
Posted By g300d
Got the Febi door handle carrier and had a...

Got the Febi door handle carrier and had a friend's shop put it on as I really didnt feel like doing it myself but I wanted it done asap.

They got it on and its working well, but the gap between...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-12-2026, 04:35 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 722
Posted By g300d
No problem! Now we all know, lol!

No problem! Now we all know, lol!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2026, 10:31 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 722
Posted By g300d
I got curious, I dont remember my drain plugs...

I got curious, I dont remember my drain plugs looking like that so I searched and there are some that came out in that style.
...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2026, 10:25 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 722
Posted By g300d
I was wondering idly why the "stuck crush washer"...

I was wondering idly why the "stuck crush washer" was silver!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2026, 09:26 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 722
Posted By g300d
Wow that sucks! I wonder if you could stack...

Wow that sucks!

I wonder if you could stack a washer over that?
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2026, 08:09 PM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,202,408
Posted By g300d
I've had a couple of Febi's before on the 3.0,...

I've had a couple of Febi's before on the 3.0, and they generally worked well. I think one was a bear to align the retaining screw by the door lock. But no problems with the ball head socket or...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2026, 08:03 PM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,202,408
Posted By g300d
Roger that! Close up pics in the album were very...

Roger that! Close up pics in the album were very helpful!

I had to google how they work. So when the tie tries to unravel it pulls the ball back into the narrow end of the channel and presses...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2026, 08:46 AM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,202,408
Posted By g300d
Yes sir, I saw you recommend that. Took a bit to...

Yes sir, I saw you recommend that. Took a bit to understand the process, but I think I got most of it after going through the album a few times.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-10-2026, 01:32 AM
Replies: 17,763
Views: 4,202,408
Posted By g300d
I just felt the driver side door handle carrier...

I just felt the driver side door handle carrier give way yesterday.

Been reading up on Andrew's DIY thread and photo album (thanks Andrew, lot of work you went through patiently documenting that...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 08-09-2026, 01:50 PM
Replies: 672
Views: 136,911
Posted By g300d
And thats not even with any war going on yet jeez!

And thats not even with any war going on yet jeez!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-25-2026, 03:51 AM
Replies: 1,237
Views: 1,319,531
Posted By g300d
Parasitic draw, valve seals, transfer...

Parasitic draw, valve seals, transfer case...doable but buyer will need to budget for it.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-23-2026, 09:28 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,277
Posted By g300d
Congratulations, they look great!

Congratulations, they look great!
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-22-2026, 10:44 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 741
Posted By g300d
Great! Do let us know how those Billies are...

Great!

Do let us know how those Billies are when you get them on, please.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-16-2026, 10:38 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 741
Posted By g300d
You're welcome! Yeah I think that's a good...

You're welcome!

Yeah I think that's a good deal. And I'd probably go with the billies also. That's a pair for not even the price of 1 OE shock


Do let us know how it performs when you get it...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-15-2026, 06:31 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 741
Posted By g300d
So the 4.6is rear damper is different,...

So the 4.6is rear damper is different, 33526750361. ZF catalog shows 311 233 for that one.

I tried checking your part number on the catalog and no compatible products came up.

EDIT:

Checked...
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-15-2026, 06:17 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 741
Posted By g300d
I'll try to look back at my notes. I'm not...

I'll try to look back at my notes. I'm not familiar with 2-axle air suspension cars.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-15-2026, 09:25 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 660
Posted By g300d
Wow! I dont condone it but I...

Wow!

I dont condone it but I understand...:bustingup
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-15-2026, 09:21 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 741
Posted By g300d
When I did the entire rear end of the 4.6is (it...

When I did the entire rear end of the 4.6is (it has rear air suspension) I went with Sachs 311 233 009. No complaints.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-12-2026, 12:31 AM
Replies: 672
Views: 136,911
Posted By g300d
Really? Jeez that bad??

Really? Jeez that bad??
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-11-2026, 03:58 PM
Replies: 672
Views: 136,911
Posted By g300d
That sucks, didnt occur to me how the sand would...

That sucks, didnt occur to me how the sand would increase maintenance costs that much!

Any plans to do headlight lenses? They are relatively cheap for how much nicer they make the car look.
Forum: X5 (E53) Forum 07-11-2026, 03:50 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,691
Posted By g300d
Thanks for documenting this! I did some PM...

Thanks for documenting this!

I did some PM work disabling the tilt on the 3.0 pano roof many many years ago thanks to info here.

I've not come across problems with the smaller sunroofs so...
Forum: The Lounge 07-11-2026, 08:27 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 4,176
Posted By g300d
Angry Yeah that's what she said. :(

Yeah that's what she said. :(
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

 
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.