Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X ///M Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x-m-forum/)
-   -   2012 x5m dilemma (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x-m-forum/84949-2012-x5m-dilemma.html)

Aliaks 12-11-2011 12:47 AM

2012 x5m dilemma
Hello fellow bimmers,

this is my first post and im looking for your advice guys.

recently been interested in the x5m 2012, really beautiful car

do not care about some reviews that thrash it, but its really interesting!

help me guys on that issue im facing.. going to get a 2012 x5m, but the dealership told me if i wait till July '12 ill get the face lifted version with led lights etc...

so if i wait for 7 months, and the car is due to a total change by 2014 and the m version is out on 2015,i might just hate the car cuz there are two versions after mine.

Or i could make the purchase immediately?! is it worth it..
What should i go for? help me
all your opinions matter

although irrelevant to suv subject.. my friend just saw a 2012 mercedes benz c63 (4 door ) brabus kit on sale for about the same price as the x5m..

what do you guys think!?!

nom3rcy 12-11-2011 04:07 AM

No matter when you buy it there will always be a new model on the horizon.

If you like the car, get it.

Aliaks 12-11-2011 07:31 AM

thanks nom3rcy for your reply..

what you just said very true.. what i meant is that is it worth buying a 100,000 USD car at this moment !?

may i ask for the reliability of the car? practical for everyday use etc... ?

thanks a lot for the info guys, im a bmw first timer so bear with me a bit

iMpower 12-11-2011 06:30 PM

I am waiting for the 2013 model.

LeMansX5 12-11-2011 08:27 PM

If you can wait 7 months, better wait, as that is very near future. The next gen X5M is not coming till late 2014 or early 2015. And its always better to stay away from first run of new gen model to avoid the bugs. LCI (Facelift) models are 'usually' the most reliable BMWs. You would have owned the 2013 X5M for 3 years by the time next gen X5M is out.

Forster 12-12-2011 12:10 AM

You might as well wait it out... it'll be here before you know it.

nom3rcy 12-12-2011 12:16 AM

If you are buying the vehicle as a business vehicle the tax incentive is quite better if you buy it this year. Next year you will no longer be able to deduct "work trucks" without partitions.

You should check with your accountant to be sure but from what I understand it is a major difference.

Rez 12-12-2011 12:50 AM

Waiting sucks, get it now. I doubt there will be a major difference between 12 and 13 worth waiting almost a year

Dking05 12-12-2011 02:55 PM

IMO Options:

1) Give in now and buy it.
2) Wait for the facelift verson
3) Wait until the new Generation X5 is out, if you like it wait even longer... BUT the M will not be released for another 2 Model years +/- when the non-M model is out. (ex. F10 M5)

I'd go for opt. 2, those LED headlights look awsome.

Aliaks 12-12-2011 07:29 PM

Thanks a lot guys !

Latest news, dealership called me today told me that I could come and see the x5m 2012. They also offered me a 2012 m5 which arrives march 2012

Im going to. Check the x5m if I really do like it, I'll make the purchase.

Problem. Now I'm carless, sold my merc cls due to a gear shifting problem and this is kIlling me, the fact that I do not have a car. Alright waiting for 7 months for the lci facelift would be sweet, yet again driving the x5m for about 2 years and the new one rolls on the street next to a facelifted version would kill me.

In the middle east the BMW prices depreciate like crazy ESPecially if a newer model is on the street !!!!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.