Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   X5 (E53) Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/)
-   -   A/C problem - help needed. (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/87325-c-problem-help-needed.html)

rocksteadyX5 05-09-2012 10:03 PM

A/C problem - help needed.
 
My wife's A/C is no longer blowing at all. All the knobs work (light up) - I put it on heat - still no flow. Check the Fuses and they seem to be ok (the Arc's are not broken on them).
Last year I replaced the FSR, but I don't think it would have gone out again.
I check a few of the post and some mention auxiliary fan or the fan blower.

How do I go about finding out which one the issue is? Where do I find the fan blower ( I tried finding it on RealOEM - but no luck)

Any direction would be helpful - thanks.

Zulu95 05-10-2012 11:56 AM

Aux fan is in front of the radiator and not likely a suspect for no air flow in the cabin. Given the cost involved I would try replacing the FSR again (Use an OEM unit.) and see what happens. If that does not get your fan to blow then the dash has to come out to get to the heater/AC blower unit. Try a search for a recent post on somebody pulling the dash to replace the fan.
GL.

TwinsPoppa 05-10-2012 12:15 PM

I would reset all the fuses too. My radio stopped working. I checked all the fuses and they looked fine.

Then I removed the radio fuses and just put them back - the radio worked.

X5Matador 05-10-2012 01:15 PM

I don't want to highjack this post but I just now have the opposite problem, my blower fan won't shut off, even when I turn off the ignition. I had to pull #64 fuse a 50a to get it to turn off. Anyone have any ideas.

TwinsPoppa 05-10-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X5Matador (Post 877549)
I don't want to highjack this post but I just now have the opposite problem, my blower fan won't shut off, even when I turn off the ignition. I had to pull #64 fuse a 50a to get it to turn off. Anyone have any ideas.

Probably the FSR. Search on FSR / Final Stage Resistor.

rocksteadyX5 05-10-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu95 (Post 877541)
Aux fan is in front of the radiator and not likely a suspect for no air flow in the cabin. Given the cost involved I would try replacing the FSR again (Use an OEM unit.) and see what happens. If that does not get your fan to blow then the dash has to come out to get to the heater/AC blower unit. Try a search for a recent post on somebody pulling the dash to replace the fan.
GL.

Ok, That will be my first stab at it - replace the FSR again.

Zulu95 05-10-2012 01:45 PM

Did you read the posts here?

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...wer-motor.html

rocksteadyX5 05-10-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulu95 (Post 877556)

Yes--It scared the SHIT out of me!!! I really hope the FSR fix this or she will be one "HOT" Chick for the summer - no pun intended.

X5Matador 05-14-2012 01:38 PM

Hey Twinspoppa
I replaced the FSR this weekend, that was the problem. Thanks for the help.

TwinsPoppa 05-14-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X5Matador (Post 878027)
Hey Twinspoppa
I replaced the FSR this weekend, that was the problem. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome. Xoutpost is great! :thumbup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.