Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > Other BMWs
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-02-2006, 03:07 AM
xx3's Avatar
xx3 xx3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,177
xx3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Boxster
I'm not even going to touch the SLK350......talk about OVERPRICED.
Sorry blondboinsd, i gotta agree with 05boxster on this one.

The SLK is way overpriced. Your not getting higher quality, a nicer interior or a better handling car than a Z4. Hardtop? I'd rather have my trunk space, thank you very much !
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12  
Old 08-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Ajogu's Avatar
Polo - Sport of Kings
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 846
Ajogu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx3
Sorry blondboinsd, i gotta agree with 05boxster on this one.

The SLK is way overpriced. Your not getting higher quality, a nicer interior or a better handling car than a Z4. Hardtop? I'd rather have my trunk space, thank you very much !
I'm with blondboinsd on this. I just got the 350slk for my wife after checking out the Cayman and Z4. Really tough beating the hardtop. Also the slk has more trunk space than the boxter and z4.
__________________
2008 Saphire Black on Biege.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-02-2006, 11:02 AM
drex's Avatar
Co-founder
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Spacecoast, USA
Posts: 3,415
drex has disabled reputation
the Cayman drives better than any of the above.

the SLK is underpowered and drives like a tank.

the Z4 is ok but does not compare to the luxo of Pcarness or SLKiness. However, although the SLK is a hardtop 'vert, it drives like crap and is underpowered.

for the money and the power and the finish, can't beat the Pcar.

i just looked into all this..... trust me on this one. (even looked at the SLK 320 AMG = SL 55AMG. for $65K still underperforms)...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Ajogu's Avatar
Polo - Sport of Kings
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 846
Ajogu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drex
the Cayman drives better than any of the above.

the SLK is underpowered and drives like a tank.

the Z4 is ok but does not compare to the luxo of Pcarness or SLKiness. However, although the SLK is a hardtop 'vert, it drives like crap and is underpowered.

for the money and the power and the finish, can't beat the Pcar.

i just looked into all this..... trust me on this one. (even looked at the SLK 320 AMG = SL 55AMG. for $65K still underperforms)...
There is no 320 AMG. I think you're talking about the pre 2006 which did have handling issues. There is the SLK55 AMG which is crazy fast.

The slk350 does 272hp with the new 7speed auto and is faster than the Z4. Underpowered, I don't think so.
I'm not saying the SLK is better than the Pcar or Z4. I choose it mainly because of the hardtop making it an all year car for the wife. Oh, and the airscarf is fantastic.
__________________
2008 Saphire Black on Biege.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 PM
blondboinsd's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,823
blondboinsd is on a distinguished road
The SLK is faster then both and very refined, I love em, in fact I think it just may be my next car!
__________________
The Present:
2014 Audi Q5 TDI Prestige
The Past:
2013 Lexus GS350
2013 VW Golf TDI
2007 BMW X5 4.8i LOADED & Loved
2009 VW Jetta
2008 VW Touareg VR6
2005 BMW X5 3.0i
2005 BMW Z4 3.0i
2004 BMW X5 3.0i
2003 BMW 325i
2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
05Boxster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Love that dirty water....
Posts: 41
05Boxster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajogu
Also the slk has more trunk space than the boxter and z4.
I would be shocked if the slk had more trunk space than the Boxster. The Boxster actually has *TWO* trunks because of the motor being mid- mounted. The front trunk is a deep well and the rear is shallow but wide. You'd be surprised at the amount of usable space.....
__________________
2006 X3 Sport (everyday)
2005 Porsche Boxster (weekends/stress relief)
2005 Acura MDX (hers)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-03-2006, 02:07 AM
xx3's Avatar
xx3 xx3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,177
xx3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajogu
I'm with blondboinsd on this. I just got the 350slk for my wife after checking out the Cayman and Z4. Really tough beating the hardtop. Also the slk has more trunk space than the boxter and z4.
I was talking about trunk space with the top down...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.