Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X ///M Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
JCL's Avatar
JCL JCL is offline
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11,853
JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
It says that all models covered by that manual use 5w-30 (or close to it, ie 0w-30). There has been a fair bit of discussion. Here is one:

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...dding-oil.html
__________________
2007 X3 3.0si, 6 MT, Premium, White

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12  
Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 48
Chillioil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
It says that all models covered by that manual use 5w-30 (or close to it, ie 0w-30). There has been a fair bit of discussion. Here is one:

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...dding-oil.html
The manual says the 3.5i and the 5.0i uses 5w-30. The supplemental manual for the X5M/X6M doesn't mention what engine oil suppose to use. Call the dealer and get different answer as well
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2011, 01:58 AM
JCL's Avatar
JCL JCL is offline
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11,853
JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillioil View Post
The manual says the 3.5i and the 5.0i uses 5w-30. The supplemental manual for the X5M/X6M doesn't mention what engine oil suppose to use. Call the dealer and get different answer as well
Read the link I gave you. The issue has been discussed, but the correct weight has been known since April 2010.

I am sure some dealers are confused. I guess they are behind on their reading.

I think the manual says to use 5w-30 on gasoline models, at least the ones posted here do. Does yours specifically say only use that weight for the 35i and 50i?
__________________
2007 X3 3.0si, 6 MT, Premium, White

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 48
Chillioil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
Read the link I gave you. The issue has been discussed, but the correct weight has been known since April 2010.

I am sure some dealers are confused. I guess they are behind on their reading.

I think the manual says to use 5w-30 on gasoline models, at least the ones posted here do. Does yours specifically say only use that weight for the 35i and 50i?
Thanx for the clearing up my mind, so 5w-30 should be the right oil then, BMW should have said that on the supplemental manual
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 7
Unherdable is on a distinguished road
My 2010 X5 M went through about 1.5 qt in 15,000 miles.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.