Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 06-06-2020, 12:24 PM
srmmmm's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,088
srmmmm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
Someone has time and money for a restoration.....

I know the feeling - especially the money part


But just three months to go hopefully.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #72  
Old 06-06-2020, 12:32 PM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 3,960
EODguy is on a distinguished road
She's getting there and looking good!

My buddy did a resto awhile back and got it into a magazine.

He's in the same timeframe as you on his next one..

He swears it's fun... but he was a marine and well let's just leave it at that

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 PM
Overboost's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 3,266
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmmmm View Post
I know the feeling - especially the money part



But just three months to go hopefully.
Looks awesome! What kind of numbers did that engine make on that dyno.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-06-2020, 01:02 PM
srmmmm's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,088
srmmmm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
She's getting there and looking good!

My buddy did a resto awhile back and got it into a magazine.

He's in the same timeframe as you on his next one..

He swears it's fun... but he was a marine and well let's just leave it at that

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Man, that's a sweet blue on that Mopar
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-06-2020, 01:22 PM
srmmmm's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,088
srmmmm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Looks awesome! What kind of numbers did that engine make on that dyno.
442 Lbft at 4400RPM 438HP at 5600 RPM



No tuning on the carb (modified GS455 Buick Stage-1) yet. Secondaries were running about 10% rich and the air valve wasn't opening soon enough so it would run perfect on the primaries, lean out at 3600RPM, and then start running rich at 4200RPM. I'll tweak that out once in the car though. Engine started to pull again at 6000RPM so I know there's more power available lower once the mixture is right.



1970 Pontiac 350 block with 1976 WS6 high performance heads (TA 400)
Intake valves 2.11" Exhaust 1.66" Cylinders chamfered for intake valve clearance


3.935" bore X 4.25" stroke 413 cu in


99.95mm x 107.95mm 6.77L for our metric friends


9.1:1 comp ratio Ross forged pistons, Eagle forged "H" rods, Eagle cast steel crank


Comp XE276HR cam

224/230 lift at .050 276/282 total duration
.502/.510 total lift
1.5:1 roller rocker arms


Edelbrock Torker I intake and Hedmann headers

Last edited by srmmmm; 06-06-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-06-2020, 02:24 PM
Overboost's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 3,266
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmmmm View Post
442 Lbft at 4400RPM 438HP at 5600 RPM



No tuning on the carb (modified GS455 Buick Stage-1) yet. Secondaries were running about 10% rich and the air valve wasn't opening soon enough so it would run perfect on the primaries, lean out at 3600RPM, and then start running rich at 4200RPM. I'll tweak that out once in the car though. Engine started to pull again at 6000RPM so I know there's more power available lower once the mixture is right.



1970 Pontiac 350 block with 1976 WS6 high performance heads (TA 400)
Intake valves 2.11" Exhaust 1.66" Cylinders chamfered for intake valve clearance


3.935" bore X 4.25" stroke 413 cu in


99.95mm x 107.95mm 6.77L for our metric friends


9.1:1 comp ratio Ross forged pistons, Eagle forged "H" rods, Eagle cast steel crank


Comp XE276HR cam

224/230 lift at .050 276/282 total duration
.502/.510 total lift
1.5:1 roller rocker arms


Edelbrock Torker I intake and Hedmann headers
Hell yeah! STOUT and she'll run on pump gas!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-06-2020, 02:50 PM
srmmmm's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,088
srmmmm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Hell yeah! STOUT and she'll run on pump gas!

Hoping to have it ready to show you at COTA. I think Tommy and the Hendrick's guys would get a kick out of it too - a little old school is always fun (and easier to work on).
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-06-2020, 11:26 PM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 3,960
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Man I wish I got back to the land of the big PX more often! I'd love to see it in person when she's done.



Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-15-2020, 04:46 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 3,960
EODguy is on a distinguished road
It's even funnier sine it says "Eat right now!"

I'm pretty sure they meant at the restaurant

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-24-2020, 08:24 AM
EODguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Saudi Arabia/Philippines/USA
Posts: 3,960
EODguy is on a distinguished road
Not a road pic, but pretty much a normal occurrence.

Patriot launch and incoming being destroyed.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
__________________
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.